• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Inquisitor King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14

cooltext-357139292706993.png

The Inquisitor King - A project I've been working on for some time, slowly accumulating assets and building up the lore.

Going down you will see some screenshots of work I've made for it and a short recap of the lore (It did grow big overtime)

Currently my Team consists of 2 people:
@Maximal - Models/Leader
@cleavinghammer - Lore/Ideas
cooltext-357138667737137.png

full
full
For more screenshots refer to my Media -> The Inquisitor King | HIVE
cooltext-357139198591865.png

I'm all looking for all kinds of people, if you're interested feel free to hit me up on discord Max#5210 or on HIVE.

We're looking for:
  • A Terrainer
  • A GUI/Jass coder

cooltext-357139277325032.png

Less than a century ago, two brothers, sons of gods, came to this land. Svetoslav, son of radiant Biel, and Walent, son of tenebrous Czern. They founded a city here, and through their efforts it grew into a kingdom. But such prosperity attracts unwanted attention and resentment.

Demons attacked the kingdom, drawn them like flies to honey, aided by their human dupes who served them in the hopes of immense rewards or power. Again and again Svetoslav and Walent pushed them back, until the great Battle of the Hellmouth, where an immense portal was destroyed at great cost in lives. The void's power was broken for a time, its mortal servants forced into hiding.

From then on, Svetoslav concerned himself with guiding the kingdom and Walent with keeping the kingdom's enemies at bay. Svetoslav took a mortal wife, who bore him a son. The kingdom enjoyed nearly twenty years of internal peace before disaster struck anew.

After the crown prince died in battle against a neighboring kingdom, Svetoslav fell into a deep and inconsolable grief, made worse by his beloved wife dying a few months after she bore him another son. With his happiness attacked from all sides, Svetoslav slowly secluded himself away, and it fell to his brother Walent to take the reins of government. When the new crown prince was found dead, murdered by demon-serving cultists, Svatoslav was overcome by sorrow and died shortly after.

When Walent the First took the throne, the change in government was felt immediately. Always more suspicious than his brother, Walent decided to strike at evil's root before it could take form. He formed a organization to root out threats to his rule. After a public trial disclosed that the prince's death was the work of an assassin cult seeking revenge for their hellish masters, the Inquisition's authority was increased tenfold.

These Inquisitors roamed the land, always searching for the slightest whiff of treason and devil-worship, punishing the guilty as they deemed fit. But their heavy-handed methods were tolerated ever less, until at last a vast rebellion broke out, once-peaceful artisans and disenfranchised peasants attacking taxmen, priests and even soldiers. Walent the First became known as Walent the Foul, but he persisted in his ways in the name of faith and security, sentences becoming ever harsher as the Inquisition sought to stamp out both demonic cults and cells of resistance.

In the twenty-first year of Walent's reign, the newly-minted Inquisitor Nicolas Dobronrav is sent to the village of Springleaf in pursuit of fleeing rebels, accompanied by his friend and companion Anaret, a priest of Biel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.