• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The first terrain I show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi.
I made a terrain of a marshland, and it would be nice if you give me your opinion. I'm not very good making terrains, and I want to learn more things.

Note: I am NOT using any imported models.

pantanos.jpg

So, what do you think?

Regards

Level 9
Thanks for answering :) .

@Oziris: Well... that gate HAS a function. This terrain is from one of my campaigns, and there is a small village in the marshland. The rock in the middle of the image is hiding it. The gate forms part of the external part of the village. And the end of the world sucks in the image, yeah... Afortunatelly, in the game is not a problem. ^^

@dragonslarger: Yeah, the sky isn't very nice with the marshland... Maybe at night would be better. I have to try some skies. And, as I said before, the map is part of a campaign, so I want the fountain to be there. Anyway, in a no-campaign map, I wouldn't put that fountain there :) .
P.D.: That marshland you make... there is a lot of plants. It doesn't fit with the type of marshland I want to create. Anyway, it's nice.

Thanks for your advise! I wait for more opinions!

Regards

Level 13
Here what you can do for a good sky without gay skyboxes is use elevators like this.

Step 1:Ok create a elevator on it's side by making a new doodad object then going to model file then destructible then it's down in the E's.
wc3scrnshot042811212823.jpg

Step 2: Now then select your fog and choose what ever you want color wise then place your elevator doodad in the back or have heavy fog.
wc3scrnshot042811212839.jpg

Step 3: Now you have Game View Settings on and you get your fog and your elevator blends in with it so no more gay skyboxes!!!
wc3scrnshot042811212841.jpg

Level 30
TTTFrodSamMarsh.jpg

I was looking at a good view for marshlands and such, and this is what I found, I suggest you make those trees dead [not wc3 trees, but from custom tree resources] and yes make the water blue maybe light blue or anything that would fit the terrain's old/dirty/death like theme.

Level 9
I made a little updade to the marshland. I changed the following things:
- I removed the gate and the fountain (only for the pictures).
- I changed the water color.
- I changed the sky.
- I made the screen at night.

But I don't know exactly which sky should I use. In the pictures I attached is the marshland with two different skies. Which one looks better?

Regards

Attachments

• Pantanos (Variación 1).jpg
    Pantanos (Variación 1).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 133
  • Pantanos (Variación 2).jpg
    Pantanos (Variación 2).jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.