• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] The Denial Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Denial Series
List of maps in the series:
•Denial of Life
•Denial of Madness
•Denial of Death (Not represented)

dol_titleNet.jpg

Denial of Life is currently released, it can be found on makemehost.com . Although my main focus is not on this map at the moment, I'll start working on it again on some time in the future. Basically what it is, is you have a hero and there'll be enemy units spawning at you. You can choose from various heroes. At the moment, the gameplay feels boring, which has caused demotivation over this specific project. After finishing up with the first release of Denial of Madness, I will hop onto this one again.
You have several game modes included. In classic, you can visit one another, and merge up with others. In FFA, visiting is disabled, sends you make can't be sent at you and you can't merge. In Red vs Blue, you're split into two teams, and one team can't get their own send. The fun of RvB is you can visit other team, and other team's enemies are your allies.

Screenshots (1.1.0)
1.png2.png3.png

dom_titleNet.jpg

Denial of Madness is heavily written in vJASS, although some simple mechanics are in GUI. It features random terrain generator with various biomes, unforced amount of team members in each team (there's 2 teams), always on-screen quest display, saveable credits etc. DoM is heavily inspired by Jurassic Park.
(More info to come...)

Attachments

• denialoflife1.0.0prot.w3x
    149.3 KB · Views: 65
  • denialoflifePre1.1.4prot.w3x
    747.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Update 24.3.2014:

-Added screenshots for DoL
-Added map file for DoL

[DoL] Known bugs (1.0.0):
-Burrowed/hidden units will freeze the wave, aka the wave can't end without killing all the units, even those which are undetected

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Update 17.4.2014:

-Version pre-1.1.4 for DoL (not finished) has been uploaded and suggested to mmh, not uploaded here though

[DoL] New version updates (from 1.0.0 to 1.1.4):
-5 new heroes; Tauren, Hunter, Druid, Warlock, Engineer
-17 items, 2 item merchants
-new terrain
-fewer waves
-balance changes
-sounds at special events
-player stats after each wave
-more options
-2 new game modes
-towers
-skulls
-sends
-races
-economy

Edit: uploaded! also suggested to mmh, not there just yet, but soon'll hopefully be. I'm in need of a couple of active testers ^^ I have couple atm, but more is always a plus!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Update 4.5.2014:
The video shows you a feature I finished yesterday for DoM: Randomly generated terrain, which support 4 different biomes as of now. Maybe more biomes when I reach newer versions, main priority is to have playabe version out this year.

Denial of madness will have open teams, which means teams are not forced in game lobby, you simply choose your team by choosing your race; if you're nelf, you're survivor, and else you'll be hunter. Hunter players will have boring first minute, cuz they'll be sleeping for a minute to give survivors some time to prepare.

This week I also finished always-on-screen quest display:
asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfDOMasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf.jpg

As you can see, hunter's name is Survivor, because everyone is a survivor at first. Hunter players are just the ones who are automatically defeated/poisoned.

Instead of levels, I use evolving with quests. After you've completed a quest, you can further evolve to next level character. At first version of DoM there'll only be 5 levels, because that alone is a lot of work.

In the game you can get gold by attacking gold circles with workers. Certain buildings generate wood for you for every 5 seconds. For hunters, there's a little amount of buildings, this is simply because hunters are meant to be always on move. Meanwhile survivors will have a lot of buildings, however each building has a limit on them.

The game will be much like Jurassic Park, I like it that way. Instead of being PvE like normal JP map, it will be PvP, survivors vs hunters. After you've died as survivor, you'll sleep for 1 minute and start over as hunter. As for hunters, highly advanced survivors can manipulate you with poison to join them. This way you will never be locked on one team only. But of course, this will be a lot of work. However I promise to get a stabile version here in 6 months :p

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Thanks, will make update posts for neat new features every now and then, stay tuned ^^

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Update 25.5.2014:
I haven't done much progress on the project on this month, but I've made a couple of systems for DoM. Currently it has Quest System, Spawn System, Income System, Wander System, Minion System and Terrain System, on top of the GUI triggers (I make systems in vJASS and normal triggers in GUI).

I just finished my wandering and minion system. Wandering system is like normal wander ability, but you can make the unit wander around other unit. I used this feature in my minon system. Minion system is used to spawn specific amount of units from other unit. Once the unit dies, it launches cooldown, after which a new one is spawned.
domWip2505.jpg

Floating texts are permanently above the units who spawn units, they update themselves after a unit dies or spawns.

As I said, not that much progress this month, and the phase won't most likely get faster to the summer, lol. But I won't abandon DoM before first release, and if I do, I'll upload some of the systems to hive.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Thanks, I'm sure you'll have lot of exams over once the beta comes.

First is alpha, but I will get to that stage after long time...

Status
Not open for further replies.