• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Target transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i want "Charm" ability to target transport units (like zepelin) but it says "unable to target transports and bunkers" please help me

Level 33
You need to base your ability to another dummy ability, I suggest Channel.
That ability itself (Charm) is hard-coded to not allow you to target transports and bunkers even if you try to alter the Stats - Targets Allowed

If you use Channel as base ability, just use this to trigger the effect of Charm;
  • Unit - Change ownership of (Target unit of ability being cast) to (Triggering player) and Change color

Level 9
I don't think we can get the unit which is inside a transport unit. So charming a unit inside another "load" unit (such as bunker, zepplelin, etc...) isn't possible ?
And why don't you try the defskull's way and see what happens, then tell us and there'll be more answers
Still, this is "i think" so if you want you can wait for other replies.
Goodluck

Level 6
soo, this will what will gonna happen. Like defskull posted: Unit - Change ownership of (Target unit of ability being cast) to (Triggering player) and Change color. So the targeted unit is the Zeppelin, the affected unit is the charm is the Zeppelin, So you will control the units inside it.So it is impossible that the one you control is the unit inside the zeppelin cause, can you control the zeppelin? can you undrop the units inside it?. That's it

Status
Not open for further replies.