• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SwampOfWar

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Just another wc3 melee map. Only in this map there are no other mines so if your mine has run out of gold you must see to get it by another way. By killing your enemies for instance?
Contents

SwampOfWar (Map)

Reviews
DesKaladA: Nice simple melee map ide like it if you would add some more goldmines 16:46, 21st June 2009, by Rui: The terrain is too big and its texturing is poor. Creep choice and drops are too bad. Check my detailed review. Rejected(until...

M

DesKaladA: Nice simple melee map ide like it if you would add some more goldmines

16:46, 21st June 2009, by Rui:
The terrain is too big and its texturing is poor. Creep choice and drops are too bad. Check my [self=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/swampofwar-81813/#post1179200]detailed review[/self]. Rejected(until updated) with a rounded up 2/5 (Lacking).

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's review for Numeror's melee map "SwampOfWar"

This map is simultaneously interesting and boring. The shape reminded me of a mission from Wanderers of Sorceria, which is a story I enjoy a lot. The map is a little too big, however.
You filled the map with lots of trees, yet there are nearly no doodads. I only saw a mass of mushrooms around Taverns, which looked bad. The texturing is poor too, which only strengthens my point. Felwood is already a hard tileset by itself.
Those are not my only critiques for the terrain. The green creep camps are not placed equally for all players. For instance, the player on the southeastern corner gets them right at the left of the base, while the northwestern needs to go around the trees to get to them.
Plus, there are wholes on the trees.

Neutral buildings are well chosen considering the type of map. They're also well placed.

Creeps ruin the map completely: not even the choice is OK. The green creep camp is made out of a Plague Treant with two Corrupted Treants, the first having Disease Cloud. Personally, I'm not a fan of green camps with Disease Clouds, but nevertheless, I'd prefer seeing two Poison Treants, for example.
Goblin Merchants usually have four guards or more. In yours, it was protected solely by two Furbolgs and an Elder Shaman, which is also a rather weird combination. To be honest, any combination with less than four units is strange when they guard neutral buildings.

The drops are the worst. They're imbalanced and not even equal for every player! The green camp should have dropped a random lvl1 permanent item, for example.

Last, I believe you should add some extra gold to the Gold Mines. I'm not the "MUST HAVE EXPANSION" type of guy, but in this case, I believe the Mines should have at least 15 000 gold.

My rating is a 1,5 out of 5, a 2 (Lacking) rounded up. Right now, I can only vote for this map to be [highlight]Rejected[/code]. Remember that you can put the map back on the Pending list by updating it (Update button).
Added the Medieval/Warcraft category.