• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stargate Atlantis models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
There is already a Starge model, but I think it isn't much animated. And if I'd knew how to create models, I'd helped u.

Level 9
That's awesome! I'm doing Stargate too! Wanna team up and share stuff ideas/icons/models etc?

My thoughts on Stargates:
Found a number of high resolution models.
Found exactly 1 low resolution model that fits the parameters of the game, it is set up to be animated but it is not animated.

Looking very carefully at the top of the waygates, that glowing circle looks entirely too much like a real stargate.

Current plans/ideas:

Increase the size of the Waygate, drop the location on the map so that it sinks down to the very top, where the circle part is, and hope it still teleports.

In Jass: Alter the teleport thingy, the two squished lighting up spheres to be at a right angle from the current top-down effect, so that it looks like the stargate wormhole exploding everytime a unit steps through. Not completely original but a possible work-around.

Problem 1: Never did a thing in Jass before.

Problem 2: Adjust the object camera to view the upper top. (stargate part) instead of the whole thing or the middle.

Level 4
I would just open up the waygate model in Warcraft Viewer and extract the model, then delete all the points except the little circle thing your talking about and then i would geomerge the stargate model and the model i just made, and if necessary resize the model i just made to fit in the stargate. Then i would make two units and just replace it with the modified stargate for when its active and replace it with the regular one when its inactive....

....but thats just what i would do. (which i won't do because i am about 50% done with my RPG and i am trying to finish it before summer)

Level 4
I wanted to make the Wraith Soldier, with the clotaire's "Zealoth" with the "Konsctruckt_gun" (a big thing), but how do you make the unit firing with the gun ?

I tried the trigger "special effect - create special effect on unit attached "weapon"" but he takes it only in a hand, and he doesn't fire with..

The marine model doesn't fire with it too !

Status
Not open for further replies.