• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SpiritDragonMissile(Red)

This missile freatures a scorching hot dragon spirit to burn foes.
Uses in-game textures.

Changes:
June 03, Change the particales type and lighten the tinting of the model.
June 06, Deleted the extra Whelp, Scaled the model itself bigger, edited the particales, and lighten tint a little.
June 09, Fix the models' internal names and uploading the old model that is 72.5 kb as the portrait with the new 32.1 kb Main model.
June 10, Translate rojo to red.

Keywords:
Spirit Dragon Missile Red Fire Rojo burn burning burns scorch scorching Hot singe flame
Contents

SpiritDragonMissile(Red) (Model)

Reviews
Frankster : Works in-game and performs properly. Quite polygon-heavy, but useful. Approved.

M

Moderation: 22:55, Sunday 10th June 2012
Frankster :
Works in-game and performs properly.
Quite polygon-heavy, but useful.
Approved.

I recommend giving your missile some animations like the ones from Cluster Rocket Missile. Damn, I would love this model then.

could be done if you edit the cluster rocket to have only bones and show this model as an attachment thingie.. you just put the model's path in the 'path' field of the attachment, as if you're adding it in the WE. without the war3mapimported

as for doing that on the model itself.. well, it already has it's anims so.. would be pretty tedious to do

Last edited:
Level 34
Man you realy understood my words, good job. I suggest also inceasing it's size about 1.5 or something times. It can be done by simply adding one more bone in model editor and making ''dummy01'' bone it's 'child'. It would make this model times more usefull as a spell sfx.
Also some optimization is needed.. 70kb holy shit..

Also if you would create same model with every dragon skin, you will have one fuckin nice pack, good luck with it.

Level 7
o_O are two dragon whelp meshes really necessary? I mean.. it's a missile

All the original bird missiles have two bird meshes.

I recommend giving your missile some animations like the ones from Cluster Rocket Missile. Damn, I would love this model then.

I believe that there's already dragon missiles that fit that description.

Man you realy understood my words, good job. I suggest also inceasing it's size about 1.5 or something times. It can be done by simply adding one more bone in model editor and making ''dummy01'' bone it's 'child'. It would make this model times more usefull as a spell sfx.
Also some optimization is needed.. 70kb holy shit..

Also if you would create same model with every dragon skin, you will have one fuckin nice pack, good luck with it.

Will increasing model size increase the file size too?

Well I have already have the whole pack made (Azure, Black, Bronze, Green, Frost and Red.)

Last edited: