• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spellbook Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
my problem comes in when a unit(ability) is picked from the spellbook, and a trigger creates the unit in a region. When i have 2+ units in a spellbook and i click on one, the spellbook randomly chooses a unit to make regardless of the one i picked.

ive uploaded the map, just ignore all the names and whatnot.. if you can help me ide much appreciate it.

just pick the unit from the book of summoning by the well in town(ill move it, i know it looks bad there.. as ive said, just ignore it..)

ps: pick eaither dragonborn or elf, you'll see when you open it up (theyre the only two "finished")

Attachments

• Lochvale.w3x
    228.6 KB · Views: 42
Level 28
That's because you based them on the same spell.
Each spell has a certain ID, and the ID remains the same for every custom spell you create.

So when you base your spells of "Mana Shield", then the game just says "activate mana shield" and will just pick the first spell possible (so indeed: it doesn't matter which spell you click, it will always activate the first one).

Solution: use other spells as a base.

Level 5
I thought using different turn on/off id's would work... is there a fail-proof way to make a spell that i can click, that does nothing but activates the trigger?

also thanks so much for your help so far.

Level 5
Guess i never noticed that, thanks again!

one very last thing, or so i should hope very last.

what are the default stats for a dummy spell, as in cast/channel times all that? ive tried looking and cant seem to find them anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.