• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell model problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello,
I am making a map and used a spell from hive - Magical Daggers v1.0. Everything works fine, except when I cast the spell a huge model of the dagger used in this spell appears for about 5 seconds at the point of the caster. I can't find what I did wrong in my triggers, can anyone help me? I will put my map in this thread.
Thank you for any advice,
HeLLsm.

Attachments

• The War of Naga.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Level 4
Sounds to me like that’s a dummy unit that normally shouldn’t have a model (and this you would not normally see it).
Except my dummy units have the same models like the dummy units in the spell map. That's why I put my map in here, so you can check what's wrong, instead of
arguing about it.
I appreciate the try for help, but arguing is useless, that's why I put my map here, because I think I checked everything and don't know what to do to make it disappear.

Level 39
First of all, I'm not arguing and it's ridiculous to say that I am. I am suggesting something that could possibly be the issue... so that you can check... and maybe that will lead you to an understanding of what is actually happening. I replied from a phone, where I cannot open the map. This realistically should have taken you less than 5 minutes to figure out, since all you had to do was disable the trigger and then notice that it's still appearing. This means it has to be object related, not code related.

Second, the problem is that you put the dagger model in the Art - Target field of the base ability. Delete that field and the model goes away.

Level 4
First of all, I'm not arguing and it's ridiculous to say that I am. I am suggesting something that could possibly be the issue...
Arguing has more than one meaning, I think you've got the wrong idea. "suggesting something that could possibly be the issue" is also arguing.

Second, the problem is that you put the dagger model in the Art - Target field of the base ability. Delete that field and the model goes away.
Have you actually downloaded my map? Because the Art - Target field is blank for both the ability and the buff.

Level 39
Have you actually downloaded my map? Because the Art - Target field is blank for both the ability and the buff.
Yes I did since you seemed irrationally opposed to suggestion and the idea that you might be able to figure it out yourself. Use your brain and fucking look at it, dude. It's right there! The main ability the caster casts to start the spell. The one based on Carrion Swarm.

Level 4
Yes I did since you seemed irrationally opposed to suggestion and the idea that you might be able to figure it out yourself. Use your brain and fucking look at it, dude. It's right there! The main ability the caster casts to start the spell. The one based on Carrion Swarm.
Seems you were kinda correct. You were right it wasn't trigger-based, but object-based. But you said my mistake is located at Art - Target, it was Art - Missile Art. That's why I thought you didn't look at it. So thank you. I wouldn't figure it out without your help. Sorry if I made you upset or anything, because it seems like I did. I didn't mean to be rude, I was just really frustrated with this, because I thought I did everything as I should have, and it still wasn't working properly. So thanks again. I am new at making maps and just working with WE in general, so the idea of it being an object-based problem, not a trigger-based one didn't pop into my head.

Level 39
You posted on a forum asking for help and then insisted I wasn't actually helping you, that's what bothered me. Not everyone here will do something for you, they may simply suggest things that could be the issue and you need to be open to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.