• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spawn new units by clicking on static units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi,

I want the player to spawn units by clicking onto a static unit (not movable, invurnable unit).

Howto do that? Should the spawn point unit belong to another AI controled player?

How can I detect the player clicking on the spawn point unit?

Thanks for your consideration

• Trigger
  • Events
    • Selection - Player 1 (Red) selects a unit
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to X
  • Actions
    • Set Point1 = (Center of (your region <gen>))
    • Unit - Create 1 Footman at Point1 for (Triggering Player) facing default building degrees
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)
Point1 is "Point" variable. The action is "Set Variable". Reference: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/variables-5896/ , http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-and-scripts-269/things-that-leak-35124/

Level 2
Thanks, that did it and I learned something.

Can I add more spawn point units with the same action without recreating the trigger for every one of them? I plan to have like 50 spawn point units and it would realy make things easier for me.

Also if I use the point variable Point1 alot, should I create it in map initialization? Where would I free it then? Would I free it, if it is used all the time?

Level 2
Just add them, and it should work.

Create variables @ Trigger editor -> the yellow X on the toolbar.

My question is, how can I have the same action by clicking on any of them without creating a new tricker for each of them.

Where would I set the initial value of the point variable?

Level 3
You can set "initial value" of the global variables by double clicking the variable name in variable editor in trigger editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.