• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(SOLVED) Two headed unit (=+1 head import) and water doodad animation slow - please

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
So I tried to import and fuse a head from one WoW model to another with little success. I need the imported head to act somewhat in tandem with the original one like how the two headed ogres act.
freaky2.png
The issue is it looks weird and the head acts as if it weren't attached because of its animations.
If anyone could help me properly import that head near the other (woman's), I'd be grateful.
Files attached.

Secondly, I couldn't edit the water model's animation to slow it down to be like a lake.

I know it's much, especially the first one but if anyone could, that would be really something.

Attachments

• Farmer.zip
    820.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Villagers.zip
    288.4 KB · Views: 34
  • watermodeldoodad.zip
    877.4 KB · Views: 39
Level 40
All of them :\?
only the female one works in magos, there are some things i could try though

YES PLEASE!
1)well first you open it in magos and then you go windows->global sequence manager, double click what's there
i'll assume you're modifying the model i gave you so the duration there is 2000 which is 2 seconds
i suggest setting it to something that can be divided to 30 evenly because there's 30 textures there in this model
let's say you put 6000 there
2)now you go to material manager, select the only material there and select the first layer
click on the texture id button
now there's a window with
0: 30
67: 31
133: 32 etc
0, 67 and 133 are the frames when texture gets changed
30, 31 and 32 are the texture ids, don't mess with them for now
divide 6000 by 30 and you get 200 so you go
0: 30
200: 31
400: 32 etc, it should end with 5800: 59
make sure in the bottom left corner the global sequence id is not (none)
ok everything and select the second layer in the material, click the texture id button
0: 0
67: 1
133: 2 etc
do the same thing where you only modify the frames
0: 0
200: 1
400: 2
600: 3 etc
that's it i think
maybe also just in case make the regular stand sequence last longer than the global sequence but that may be unnecessary

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
only the female one works in magos, there are some things i could try though
Weird. Try the new attached .zip. For me, the models there load in Magos.

Thanks for the detailed animation speed edit explanation. Gonna try with 30 instead of 2000 :D

EDIT: haha, what a speed.

EDIT2: tried with 6000 but it looks like it's animating in frames, like old cartoons.

Attachments

• Farmer.zip
    730.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.