• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Shadow Problems - The Cat (FIXED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello, so I imported my next critters, the cats. And they have really confusing shadows and I cannot make the correct figure of it. Someone help me please.
VALUE IS:
Center X - 30
Center Y - 30
HEIGHT - 90
WIDTH --- 90
(Please correct my values if im wrong. I think the cat shadow looks awful)

Here is the picture, its Riverside Picnic map.
capture-jpg.281346

And a closer look...
capture2-jpg.281347

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    266.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 92
Level 3
i would try like 45 for x and y center. the higher in x the more to the left it will go, the higher in y the farther below the character it will go.

so maybe like 50 for x and 30 for y.
you can play around with it in the editor and it will update every time so you can see where its placed under the unit.

Level 3
also since its a cat, id make the shadows height like maybe 40 and the width 90-100 that way the shadow is wider then it is high. so match the body of the cats more

Level 6
i would try like 45 for x and y center. the higher in x the more to the left it will go, the higher in y the farther below the character it will go.

so maybe like 50 for x and 30 for y.
you can play around with it in the editor and it will update every time so you can see where its placed under the unit.
Sweet. Thanks ;) Will check on fixing this now.

And here it is. Does it look fine now?
capture-jpg.281401

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Level 3
niiiice that actually came out looking pretty dang good, i noticed with the regular dog critters in wc3 the shadows are kinda wonky as well depending on which direction they are facing so i dont think itll ever look perfect all the time but the one you did looks good

Level 6
niiiice that actually came out looking pretty dang good, i noticed with the regular dog critters in wc3 the shadows are kinda wonky as well depending on which direction they are facing so i dont think itll ever look perfect all the time but the one you did looks good
Thanks ^^ It wouldn't be like that if you did not show me the closer proximate values. Thus, I adjust some of the width and height a bit by adding more amount and glad it came out like this. Now the cat is fixed. :)

Yah, I don't use the regular dog no more LoL and it doesn't look dog to me as with the shadow you're right, goofy looking shadow. It looks more of a rodent to me haha.

Here is the values:
(For anyone who has plans for cat models in their maps.)
capture-jpg.281406

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.