• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Setting a Timer to 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello! I was having an issue with a timer I was attempting to create for a trigger. For some reason, whenever I try to set the variable, I get these as my only options:
image_2021-07-23_155856.png

What do I have to alter in order to be able to set the timer to 0?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Timers are a handle type so the numeric value of 0 makes no sense and would be a type mismatch if you try to assign it to such a field.

If you want to null/nil it then you might need custom script as it does not look like GUI has "no timer" as an option. If you want to set its timeout to 0 then you need to start it with a 0 timeout. If you want to destroy the timer object then you need to use the appropriate DestroyTimer function, possibly with custom script, and should pause any running timer before destruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.