• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Selection Box help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need help with fixing my trigger for a menu box that lets u pick a hero. here the trigger
Code:
 Events 
          -Map initialization

Actions
      -Dialog - Change the title of Select to "Select a Hero"
      -Dialog - Create a dialog button for Slect labelled "Warrior"
      Set Warrior = (Last created Dialog Button)

to spawn hero
Code:
Events
         -Dialog - a dialog button is click for Select

Conditions
     -(clicked dialog buton) Equal to Warrior

Actions
      - Unit Create 1 Warrior for (tirggering player) at (center of Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      -Dialog - Hide Select for (triggering player)

My porblem is the Menu wont even poped up.

Level 16
First of all, and this is coming from my memory banks, i think it reads that u cant show dialog at map inizilation. So, a simple solution, change the even to for excample "time - elapsed time is 1.00 seconds". Second of all, i dont see that u have an action that it shows the dialog to someone. Make the actions "dialog - show "select a hero" for player1". Those were what u have to do in the first trigger u had. The second trigger, There is no "triggering player", so you will have to specify the triggers for each player. And u dont need to hide the dialog. I think this sums up ur biggest problems, im sure u can figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.