• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Request... Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I request a trigger please

Can some one make a trigger for me for My 'mario 2D Vision's map so it has :
- When mario jumps and hits a block . it is destroyed .
- If Mario jumps then falls onto a block . So he walks on it .
-If Mario jumps then falls onto the ground ... Or Mario jumps near a block...Nothing happens..
#### Please I'm really needing it i can't go on without it . It should be .:goblin_wtf: MPI
I have done anything ( Items - Spells - Jump System ) Just this problem :/
This is an image for how the map is :
fm5q.jpg

I use Right and Left to move ... Up to jump [MPI] . Down To Spin ... But how can i do when he jumps onto a box he stands on it .
These are how Mario is spawned (Tavern) :

• Unit Player Group Setup
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Tavern <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Jouer[1] = (Entering unit)
          • Unit Group - Add Jouer[1] to JoueursUnits
          • Unit - Move Jouer[1] instantly to (Center of JoueurSpawnRegion[1]), facing (Center of Facing Angle Point <gen>)
          • Player Group - Add Player 1 (Red) to JoueursGroupe
          • Camera - Apply Camera 001 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
          • Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Position of Jouer[1]) over 0.00 seconds
          • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to Jouer[1], offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
          • Selection - Select Jouer[1] for Player 1 (Red)
          • Unit Group - Add Jouer[1] to JoueurJumpyGroup[1]
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in JoueurJumpyGroup[1] and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Hashtable - Save Handle OfJouer[1] as (Key hero) of (Key (Owner of Jouer[1])) in HashtableJumpTrigger
              • Hashtable - Save 500.00 as (Key hegh) of (Key (Picked unit)) in HashtableJumpTrigger
          • Hashtable - Save Handle OfPlayer 1 (Red) as (Key 1) of (Key player) in JumpHashtableReason
          • Set SetNofP = 1
          • Trigger - Turn on Move Left <gen>
          • Trigger - Turn on Move Right <gen>
          • Trigger - Turn on Camera Unleak <gen>
          • Trigger - Turn on Setup <gen>
        • Else - Actions
          • -------- The Rest is for other players --------
This is the jump Trigger

• Test Unit Creation
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hashtable - Create a hashtable
      • Set HashtableJumpTrigger = (Last created hashtable)
      • Hashtable - Create a hashtable
      • Set JumpHashtableReason = (Last created hashtable)
      • -------- --------
  • Jump
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Presses the Up Arrow key
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) Presses the Up Arrow key
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) Presses the Up Arrow key
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) Presses the Up Arrow key
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Load (Key hero) of (Key (Triggering player)) in HashtableJumpTrigger) to JumpGroupTrigger
      • Animation - Play Jouer[(Player number of (Triggering player))]'s Spell Second - Jump animation
      • Animation - Change Jouer[(Player number of (Triggering player))]'s animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed
      • Set JumpBooleanReason[(Key (Load (Key (String((Player number of (Triggering player))))) of (Key player) in JumpHashtableReason))] = True
      • Trigger - Turn on Jump2 <gen>
  • Jump2
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (JumpGroupTrigger is empty) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in JumpGroupTrigger and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to ((Custom value of (Picked unit)) + 1)
              • Set HeightJumpTrigger = ((Power(60.00, 2.00)) - (Power(((Real((Custom value of (Picked unit)))) - 60.00), 2.00)))
              • Set HieghJumpTotalTrigger = (HeightJumpTrigger / (3600.00 / (Load (Key hegh) of (Key (Picked unit)) from HashtableJumpTrigger)))
              • Animation - Change (Picked unit) flying height to HieghJumpTotalTrigger at 0.00
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Custom value of (Picked unit)) Greater than or equal to 120
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from JumpGroupTrigger
                  • Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to 0
                  • Set JumpBooleanReason[(Key (Load (Key (String((Player number of (Triggering player))))) of (Key player) in JumpHashtableReason))] = False
                  • Animation - Change Jouer[(Player number of (Triggering player))]'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
                • Else - Actions
This should be enought . I didn't ask for the core system . Because the map is more than Jumping . Everyone knows Mario so you should have understood me . Thank you

Last edited:
Level 15
Your description isn't nearly descriptive enough.

Post your map and some screenshots. How does the map play? How are the abilities used?

At this point it sounds like you are asking someone to make the core system for your map.
EDITED ... SCREENSHOT and TRIGGERS added . Don't care about the abilities because they are not difficult and hard . . The difficult thing is what I have posted .And The Core system isn't just jumping onto blocks .Can't I make Flying Invisible Platforms? I'm just looking forwards to having a solution for this problem. Help me I'm stuck .

Last edited:
Level 23
Be patient dude. Not all topics will be answered. Most of those thread that are answered has pretty simple problems and could be solved easily. :)

Well, about your thing. You can use regions to detect if mario hits a box or not. Take a look at this map it will help you a lot especially because you're making a 2d game. From your screenshots, I can guess that you'll encounter more problems in the future especially on more advanced levels in the camera angle. If you follow some aspects on how Tickles made his 2D-ish map, then it will make things a tad more easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.