• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request - [Model] Simple White Floating Shapes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello!

I'm making a map with lots of Items, and there's three categories they fall in: Unit Items, Hero Items and Consumables (I don't nessesarily need a model for consumables).

What I need is the shape that represents them on the map itself (the treasure chest by default), but something WHITE since i want to color it in the object editor!. I don't have any specific shape in mind but it'd have to be something fitting (so no white headphones or anything).

I currently have Item_Gem_Diamond.mdx by General Frank and Item Reveal Entire Map <Caster> (for perspective) but i'm not 100% satisfied with them.

Could be a white treasure chest or just floating shapes, but I'll leave some room for creativity :)
If it's not too much to ask, an animation (floating in circles or something, nothing too fancy) would also be appreciated a lot!

Bonus points if the shapes match!

Last edited:
Level 11
There's plenty of Treasure chests models in the Hive/elsewhere (i think?) but if you can't find a whitish one I(or someone else) can easily recolor the standard treasure chest.

I personally just use the 'bag' as the default item in my map which is found on here somewhere (doodad). There's plenty of potion models and a number of other rotating models you can use as items too (i prefer static items but its really up to you).

Level 4
Hi, thanks for the response!

I've thoroughly searched the Hive model and skin sections before posting this thread. Sadly I didn't find anything that suited my needs. I'd prefer not having a static object since is's harder to see if something drops from a monster

I'm not sure if a white version the normal treasure chest would look good. Keep in mind i'm gonna recolor the item, so anything with color (gold coins in chest for ex.) will look wierd. And if the coins are also white, will it even look like a treasure chest anymore?

If someone gets it to look right i'll take it ofc.

Edit: maybe a floating rotating white bag? that'd be perfect

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.