• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Redwall Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mip

Mip

Level 2
Hello, I'm new to the forums. My friend and I are thinking about making a Redwall map. Our general idea is something like Ring Wars or Azeroth Wars, but with more story driven quests intertwined in the epic battle. I was just wondering how difficult it would be to make some models for the various creatures of Redwall. I'm just thinking that you can only do so much with a gnoll and his flail. Even maybe just replacing weapons on current models? Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated as I have very limited knowledge on modelling. Thanks.

Level 31
Sounds interesting. I suggest you introduce yourself. Then post more info. People wont just up and start making models for a "I'm think" map. :)

As for tips, we gots a tutorial section down a little bit, and I suggest Oinkerwinkle's Tools. They are very good for beginers and advanced users alike. There are also tutorials on that site aswell. You'll need a Art program though, for skining and icon work. Gimp works good and is free. there are skinning tutorial al around here and Wc3Campaigns. That should get ya started. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.