• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reducing skins quality and the new paths!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi :p

I used Warcraft3 Viewer program to reduce my skins' quality but now I must change their name in their respective folders.

Example : Battlecruiser.blp --> Battlecruiser2.blp

I must add a 2 since it changed, and I don't want to delete the original ones.

But what happens if I change the path in the Import Manager ? Will it make it bug since the path is something like ...

Battlecruiser2.blp instead of battlecruiser.blp

Isn't the model supposed to attach itself with the original paths ? Or do paths mean nothing at all, only to guide the editor to the right skin ?

Will it work if I just do it lik it is currently ? I mean, with the skins named with a "2" at the end and when I'm setting the paths in the Import manager including the "2"?

If you think this is poorly written, well try to understand as english isn't my first language and I did my best. :p

Thanks a lot!

Level 22
changing path in import manager wont work

u must convert the model (the skins that the model uses) to mdl and open that mdlk with notepad or wordpad and find (ctrl+F) textures. the first texture u c can be modified to what ever u want. save the mdl and change the new made mdl to mdx again. now u have two models that look the same but use another path. think u will understand the rest :)

Level 7
Ramza said:
yea that works, it doesnt matter what u do with the skin. the model keeps using the same path so it uses the skin that has that path. but i thought u wanted 2 kinds of battlecruisers in one game, then u need the thing i explained

Oh!

I'm sorry if I did not precise it closely. Nah I just needed the same skin for the battlecruiser, but having its quality reduced using warcraft3 viewer tool.

But I wanted to keep the skin #1. So what I will do is set up the model's skin as

Battlecruiser.blp

Being the one with the reduced quality, and

Battlecruiser2.blp

Being the original one, only as a Back-Up.

Thx for the idea :p

Status
Not open for further replies.