• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I got a question about leak like the title says. When a unit dies ingame does it go away? and if it doesnt is that leak and will ti cause lag? for example i have an rpg map. units spawn and units die. but after awhile thousands of units die will this cause leak and lag?

Level 4
Ok well if your really concerned about it...and u dont have a spell that requires a corpse make a trigger like...

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Dying unit) from the game

Level 2
Even if you do have a spell that uses corpses, you can set the trigger to remove the corpses after a set duration.

For your information, last time I checked (and this is a while ago) the corpses do drain quite a bit as the game continues to keep track of them. I don't think this is a leak as much as just a complete lagfest: you'll know when theres too many corpses.

Status
Not open for further replies.