• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Probably Jass Coding Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey i made this string message but i think it needs some Jass coding.
i really want it to not count level 0 every time it gets triggered, it gets triggered every time the ability Thorn Aura levels up.

• Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of Units))) for 5.00 seconds the text: (|c0000FFFF Thorn Aura's |r Level + ( is + ( + (String((Level of Thorns Aura for Units))))))
i am really inexperienced with Jass coding so if someone could help me what to type it will help me out a lot :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Not sure why JASS coding would be needed for this. One just needs conditional tests in an if statement to make sure the level of Thorns Aura for Units is greater than 0 and that the learned ability is Thorns Aura for Units.

This thread should probably go in the World Edit Help Zone or Trigger and Scripts section...

Level 5
Not sure why JASS coding would be needed for this. One just needs conditional tests in an if statement to make sure the level of Thorns Aura for Units is greater than 0 and that the learned ability is Thorns Aura for Units.

This thread should probably go in the World Edit Help Zone or Trigger and Scripts section...

Its just to prevent doing that for 133 abilities, and i sadly can't set it to be greater than level of ability learned, this will mess with all my other triggers. Even tho there probably is some way to do it.

Last edited:
Level 39
Dr Super Good is likely correct that the change is just a condition, but we have no idea where that line is being used. What causes that message to be displayed? Post the whole trigger not just a line. There’s no context with just 1 line.

Level 5
Dr Super Good is likely correct that the change is just a condition, but we have no idea where that line is being used. What causes that message to be displayed? Post the whole trigger not just a line. There’s no context with just 1 line.

You guys were right, i just needed to add 3 new conditions :p my bad thought i needed some JASS coding so the Display wouldn't register the level number 0. And sorry i didn't posted the whole trigger, that i will remember to next time i post something.

Status
Not open for further replies.