• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

passive abilities in hidden spellbooks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello all,

I seem to be having trouble using a passive ability in a hidden spellbook. This is also my first hidden spellbook, so perhaps i am doing that wrong too :) Anyways, heres the steps i have made:

1.) I copied the mountain giant ability: Hardened Skin, called it Combat System. I made it reduce 99999.00 damage and set minimum damage to 0.00, so auto-attacks should deal no damage.

2.) Copy spellbook, named it Combat System Spellbook. Added Combat System passive buff to Combat System Spellbook.

3.) Made a trigger that goes off when i type "-test". Gives the hero the Combat System Spellbook, then disables the spellbook for the triggering player.

As is my understanding of this, the unit should still have the Combat System passive ability, and block 99999.00 damage, yet it doesn't and i take damage. However, if i add the Combat System to the unit directly, it works and i take no damage :/

Do not disable the spell book, the time you add the ability to the unit. Try this:
  • Trigger1
  • Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • For each (IntegerA) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Player - Disable Combat System Spellbook for Player(IntegerA)
        • Trigger - Add to Trigger2 <gen> the event (Player - (Player(IntegerA) types a chat message containing -test as en exact match)
  • Trigger2
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add Combat System Spell book to Hero[Player Number of (Triggering Player)]
Edit: Tested it and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.