• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paint shop Pro 9 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i dont know if psp 9 is simialr to 8 as in the difficulties of it, but try this anyways.
load up the image
layers>load/save mask>load from alpha channel, and click ok
edit it however you wish. set the brush to white, and edit out the part, etc.
when youre done, make sure both the alpha channel and the raster are upside down from when you excracted them. do this by (making sure that group 1 is selected) pressing ctrl + i
again, make sure that the image and alpha channel is upside down (you'll be able to tell with most units).
so go and select the alpha layer on the layer pallete and go layers>load/save mask>save mask to alpha channel.
save it as Alpha Channel 1 this will overwrite the original alpha channel. click yes.
then press ctrl + s to save your skin. (is it upside down? make sure it is)

the reason i have you invert it is cause somehow, wc3v converts blps from psp8 unside down. dont ask me why, but ive figured it out after a while.

Level 8
omg u say 0,0,0 pure black he says 255,255,255 pure white... this is so confusing why dont they just make a color called alpha or something that would be so much easier! or make it so u can just delete the color off the image :roll:

Level 8
omg you guys are so confusing... there is an alpha color, use black to alpha, white is to recover alpha

just tell me simply how do you do it... load the alpha channel, select the layer, put the color to solid black/white/alpha? save the layer? wtf...

Level 21
Let me get this straight, I'll tell you how to alpha in PSP.

1. You'd load up the 32bit .tga skin.
2. You'd go to layers and load from alpha channel
3. Select alpha channel 1
4. The alpha channels should be loaded now, with the spray or paint brush, select the 0,0,0 black to alpha the part of the skin out. Select 0,0,0 white to recover a placed alpha channel part.
5. Once your done, save to alpha channel select to overwrite alpha channel 1.
6. Save the skin, uncompressed.

Done, isnt that easy. I do that in PSP 7.

Level 5
Alpha-ing the hard way

I don't know how the real way is done, or how to get rid of team colour, but the way I make certain parts of the skin disappear is:
1. Select the object with the "Freehan Selection" tool
2. Click on "Layers" at the top of the screen, and from there click "New Mask Layer" and then "Hide Selection"
3. Click "Image" and then click "Delete Alpha Channel"*
4. From there, (in the "Layers" section) click "Load/Save Mask" and click "Save Mask to Alpha Channel"
5. Then, (in the "Image" section) click "Palette" and "Set Palette Transparency"
6. Click "OK" to the window that comes up, and then click "Set the Transparency Value to Palette Entry" and adjust the number until the colour white shows up in the colour window next to it (the number is usually around 250-255)
Then just save the skin and what you selected should be invisable. I know its a long process, and there is probably an easier way, but I thought you might want to know this way, just incase the other ones don't work. :wink:
*when you delete the original aplha channel, it gets rid of any other invisable parts (ex. Evil Illidans wings aren't ripped anymore if you delete the original alpha channel, because the rips were made the same way i make invisable parts)

Status
Not open for further replies.