• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orc Gladiator Model for Orc Gladiators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Howdy,

I am looking for someone to create me a model for the map Orc Gladiators Revenge.

Since the map's creation it has used a substandard resource (link here) from the Hive to serve as player's main model. Whilst this model has been sufficient, I would like to find something that's both more versatile and of higher quality.

As such I am looking for the following:
  1. A classic model (that works on Reforged).
  2. An orc grunt model that has the standard collection of animations: stand, walk, attack, death & spell.
  3. The model MUST be weaponless. Hopefully you would have played the map multiple times to know that "heroes" in the map are identified by their "weapon" attachment, as such all players use the same model for the whole game. This means that I would like a model that has multiple animations similar to the RPG models like these: RPG/Villager Orc and Orc. I can tolerate having 2 models which could have animations split between them if need be.
  4. Ideally I am looking for a model that would have the following "animation sets":
    • (essential) For wielding a one-handed chopping/bludgeoning weapon (axe, morning star, hammer). On the current model this animation suffices for "ranged caster" weapons (druid staff, wizard staff, crystal ball, totem, axe throwing). The current grunt animations basically.
    • (essential) For wielding a one-handed projectile weapon (revolver)
    • (essential) For wielding a two-handed projectile weapon (bow)
    • (desired) For dual-wielding slashing weapons (claws, katar)
    • (desired) For two-handed slashing/chopping melee weapons
    • (desired) For two-handed piercing(stabbing) melee weapons
  5. Some alternate spell animations would be cool, particularly a spell slam animation.
  6. Size needs to be realistic. Because it's the main model anything up to 250kb is fine, though the lower the better.
  7. The model also needs good performance; there can be up to 40 of them present at one time.
  8. Attachment sizes and polarity (if that's the word) need to be essentially, or near enough, the same as the current model to ensure weapons/spell effects etc. interact with the model in the same way. This is especially important for the hand left & hand right attachment.
I realize this is a big ask and will probably require some animation work!

You might actually be able to use the previously linked models as a starting point (assuming the authors give permission), they are close to what I want but are not approved due to reasons, and some of their animations aren't useful to me, or are a bit rough.

Some benefits of creating this model for me are:
  1. The map gets played (50+ hosts a day) and the model will get credited; so you will hopefully get satisfaction from creating it. I also continuously develop the map so you can be assured your model will see great use!
  2. Active discord community who are usually eager to give feedback.
  3. Map has raised funds. I am happy to commission for this model (via PayPal) if the quality is topnotch.
  4. In-game perks (not useful but hey they exist for VIPs!)
Thanks for considering this request!

Feel free to ask for any more info.

Attachments

• orc.mdx
    101.8 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.