• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

nid help plss... about item abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
how do i make an item that can cast spell....
eg: The Legendary Sword, got 20% chance to cast frostnova, 10% chance to cast eruption, 15% to cast chain lightning

how do they do those?? like dota(mealstorm, mjlonir)

help me plss ><

Level 12
Maybe you should trigger it so if a unit attacks, pick a random number 1-5. If 1 cast chainl lightning on target. If two, cats eruption on target. You would probably put a dude behind teh scenes with the spell and infinite mana, pimped mana regain, and version sof the spells with no cooldown. Thats how I would do it, Im not sure about the professional way though.

Level 4
The Solution
Events
Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions
(Item being manipulated) Equal to No item
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 15
Then - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at (Position of (Attacking unit)) facing (Facing of (Attacked unit)) degrees
Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Unit - Add Chain Lightning to (Last created unit)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Attacked unit)
Else - Actions
Do nothing

For you :D

Level 4
Change no item for your item, chain lightning by your spell and you can add variable for multiinstansibility.

Level 6
ya orbs also do the trick (especially with lightning effects) but olny problem is i don't know how to make them autocast a spell... for that matter i don't know how to make spell that aren't automatically autocast into autocast. :( o well

Status
Not open for further replies.