• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New release: Thrash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
--- Trailers ---

When base building just won't cut it, Thrash is a new melee type game that focuses on unit groups and map control.
It's everything StarCraft without the slow base making. This isn't a fancy mini-game or heavy hereo-fest, it's a second way to play SC2 as an army RTS. Simple and clean.

What could be more fun then getting into the action sooner?
Each player starts with a Hercules. Unlike SC2 melee, the first few moments of Thrash is very versatile. Select your Hercules and move out!

Hercules:
startq.jpg

Full Map:
mapivf.jpg

Would you land and secure a tactical location? Find a close defensive position? Or be aggressive to land closer to your enemies? Like in SC2, positioning can be game-changing.
You'd need to land your Hercules to do anything, but where is up to you.

Once you land, three unit types are available right off the bat. Merc Marines, Merc Marauders, and (speed upgraded) Reapers are your basic units.

To collect resources, you have to go all Dawn of War style. For those who never played Dawn of War, your troops need to secure and mark special key locations.
This is a game of map control. The team who controls the most tactical areas has the advantage. The more tactical locations you secure, the more money is generated for your whole team. And securing all tactical locations is
how you achieve victory.

Thrash also have a similiar mechanic from another game - WarCraft III. Thrash utilizes on a tax system. The higher army you have, the less money is generated to you. This can be balanced out
however by securing more tactical locations. Headquarters demand you make total, efficient use of all your units.

All ground units are created from your Hercules, all having a 5 second train time. Tech'n up is similiar to gaining money. There are Terran Factories abandoned everywhere in the map. They can be captured by
your troops as well. The more factories that are captured, the more complex units are unlocked.

Both tactical areas and factories can be re-captured by the enemy. So guard them well.
The game-play should be extremely easy to understand, theres no need for me to make a video explaining how to play. But I made some epic dramitized trailers already posted above.

Games modes:
1v1, 2v2, 4v4

TLDL;
StarCraft 2 melee, but no base building, focused splitting armies and on map-control.

You need at least 1 person to play against. If anyone wants to play test it with me, let me know. =]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.