• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

New at this. have a few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi everyone. I just found this site yesterday and the custom models on it interested me greatly. I have no experience in custom mods. I looked all over but couldnt find the answers i was looking for. I'm sure there out there somewhere but i really just dont ant to spend the time want to look for them. So could you guys answer some of my questions plz.

1.Where can i find the program to make custom mods.
2.Does it have any requirements/cost.
3.How can i download custom mods off this site.
4.does that have requirements.

If you guys could answer these questions i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chaos.

Level 35
First I like to say welcome to the hive

You will find that it have many many nice features

Enjoy your stay :grin:

Now for your questions (Which you actualy shouldn't ask here, but well I snwear them anyway)

1: There are several programs, I give you some names then find the one which matches you best (search google for them or look in our tool section)

Milkeshape (Model program, costs money but cheap)

Blender (I believe you can find it for free)

Gmax (Also is possible to get for free, there was a link somewhere on hive)

3DStudioMax (Best program, but also the most expensive (advice search google))

2: Actualy answeared it above, and no the only reguirements is your own skill, pratice makes perfect you know :wink: But some additional programs will be needed to really make models.

3: Just click on the text which says Models in green (look in the left cornor of screen) :thumbs_up:

4: No its free, although you always can consider donating to hive, but that is only an option for those who really love this site and want it to stay here forever. :smile:

Finally I am going to list up some programs you might need to really allow you to model:

Magos Model Editor (this allows you to add particles (explosions, dust so on), edit textures and see your model similar.)

WC3Viewer (This allows you to see your model, and most important it allow you to make your own skins/texture in Photoshop and convert them from tga to blp fileformat)

Photoshop (this is needed if you want some good looking skins/textures, but you can always use the ingame skins/textures -> use magos model editor to find them.. read a tutorial and you understand (Search for the program with google))

And you might also need oinkwinklers tools. (They are usefull to, read about them by searching google and you will understand)

Anyway most of those programs can be found in here on the site in the tool section (ALmost the same place as where you find the models, just click the green text saying Tools).

Hope thats all. Anymore questions just ask them in the proper forum for it.

Level 36
Aye, photoshop... Well CS3 is ~599$ and CS3 Extended is ~999$, depending on where you get it or sales. I got CS3 Extended for 149$ but that was because my parents work at a university and therefore get HUUGGGEEE discounts on everything ^.^

Of course there are "other ways" to get it and the modeling programs, but I don't recommend them because they are illegal and according to the rules of this site I can't encourage it. (and don't-- because it doesn't work for CS3!)

Status
Not open for further replies.