• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help with Face Hugger system for a AvP map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need help with my Face Hugger system, what I thought was going to be an easy task turns out to be a problem now.
I was first planning to make it so when they attack a trigger directs them to cast parasite on their target, but I can't direct them to cast that spell. So I choose to use auto cast black arrow (no unit spawns), and then when they die with that buff I had a trigger detect their race (Human,Night Elf, or Orc) and make a face hugger corresponding to that race at the position of the dead unit. But no matter how i tried it warcraft 3 cant detect buffs of a dying unit. I made some fixes too the system but is very buggy and not complete and i'm lost right now.

• Face Hug
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Face Hugger
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Unit - Remove (Attacking unit) from the game
  • Face Hug 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Face Hug
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Casting unit) from the game
  • Human Face Hug
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Number of units in (Units of type Chest Burster)) Greater than 0
      • (Race of (Dying unit)) Equal to Human
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Chest Burster) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
      • Unit - Create 1 Chest Burster (Human) for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Dying unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
This trigger has alot of problems with it like if the black arrow spell (Face hug) kills the target with the intial damage nothing spawns but if the target is killed by another scource after geting face hugged it works and another problem is that if the face hugger goes to attack the target and stops right before it hits or if the target dies right before the face hugger hits it the face hugger disapears. Also I have no idea how to time it so that the chest burster will turn into a alien after a certain amount of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Fixed the GUI

Also I tried too use parasite but a problem with auto casting that is that if their target already has it they will just attack it, which is no good, and I can't tell them to use it through trigger.

This would be alot easier if the game could detect buffs of a dying unit.

Level 3
Thats basicly doing the same thing I did with black arrow but black arrow is better becuase the auto cast is when it attacks so you can attack-move and still face hug targets automaticaly while with. Then I have to check the race of the dying unit to see what to turn the chest burster into. Becuase the chest burster will turn into a diffrent unit depending on the race it came from.

Level 9
This ability was in Aliens 2.

You can make it like that:

• Hug face cast
  • Events:
  • Unit - A unit is casting ability
  • Conditions:
  • Ability being cast = Hug face
  • Actions:
  • Unit - Remove triggerng unit from the game
  • Set hugger to triggering unit
Where the Hug face ability is modified Mountain Kings ability, Storm Bolt, and replace the hammer model with face hugger model.

• [s]Hug face effect
  • Events:
  • Time - Every 0.5 second
  • Conditions:
  • Actions:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in entire map and do:
  • If picked unit has buff Face Hugged equal to TRUE then do create 1 Chest Burster for owner of hugger else do nothing
  • If picked unit has buff Face Hugged equal to TRUE then do unit remove picked unit from the game else do nothing[/s]
@Herio-san
No, i think that everything is good :S The unit with parasite is killed after spawning the chest bruster, so more chest brusters have no place to spawn ; P Anyway, i corrected trigger a bit:
  • Hug face effect
  • Events:
  • Time - Every 0.5 second
  • Conditions:
  • Actions:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in entire map and do:
    • Loop:
      • If picked unit has buff Face Hugged equal to TRUE then do create 1 Chest Burster for owner of hugger at position of picked unit else do nothing
      • If picked unit has buff Face Hugged equal to TRUE then do unit kill picked unit else do nothing

Last edited:
Level 13
Kk Ive made one that works. Lemme know what you think. Its probably not exactly what your looking for because I added in a few of my own details (which can easily be removed). All you have to copy is the triggers and spell if you already have the units. (If you use different units you will have to edit the trigger of course)

@ Raft: The only thing about that one is that will create 1 chest buster every .5 seconds spawning from the same unit.

Attachments

• Chest Buster.w3x
    16.3 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.