• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need help - Various spells casting at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi.

I was making a hero for one of my maps, and I was working on the abilities. These are the abilities:

- Crackling Sphere (No Target ability)
- Freezing Field (No Target ability)
- Lightning Barrage (Ground Target ability)
- Life Water (No Target ability)

Well, whenever I cast one of the "No Target" abilities, the three of them get casted. I've already checked the Base Order ID for each of them, and they are all different. Also, the triggers for each of the abilities won't start unless the specific ability is casted.
I upload the map with the hero and the abilities, so you can see it yourselves. Can someone help me fix this? Maybe is some stupid issue that I didn't notice, I don't know...

Note: If you find leaks or incoherences in the spells, please tell me about them too.

Regards

Attachments

• Black Mage.w3x
    47.7 KB · Views: 40
Level 20
It's because all of them are based on the same ability. If the abilities share the same BaseID they're detected as the same, or something like that. If the same unit uses an ability, having another based on the same ability, both will go on CD.

A solution is creating dummy abilities based on Channel, and trigger the others (Creating a dummy and ordering to cast)

Level 9
It's because all of them are based on the same ability. If the abilities share the same BaseID they're detected as the same, or something like that. If the same unit uses an ability, having another based on the same ability, both will go on CD.

A solution is creating dummy abilities based on Channel, and trigger the others (Creating a dummy and ordering to cast)

But... they have different Base IDs! I changed the base ID on all of them!

Regards

Level 20
No. You changed the Text Order ID, but the Ability Base ID is the same.

If you press CTRL+D to see the raw codes in the object editor, you'll see that these 3 abilities starts with some 4 random letters like
A001, A002, A003. But they also have another raw code at the right, wich is the same (dvsl is just an example)
A001:dvsl
A002:dvsl
A003:dvsl

It means that A001, A002, and A003, are based on dvsl, therefore, they all have the same Base ID. The only ability that allows changing the base ID is Channel, and it has no effect other than just be a customizable ability for triggering purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.