• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Necromancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Just something I cooked up in my spare time. More to come.

Prologue: Archmage

Ansiriel dived behind a tombstone as a cord of unlight whipped through the space he had been standing in. His movements were slowing now, after almost two hours of fighting the Necromancer, Caur, he was exhausted. He had barely enough energy left to keep dodging Caur’s attacks, let alone enough to cast even the simplest destructive spell.

Caur stepped around the tombstone, he was dressed in flowing black robes, stained now by blood and the remnants of the dark ritual performed tonight. Blackened gauntlets covered his skeletal hands. He wore the skull of a young dragon for a helmet, and his staff was made from the solidified souls of 10’000 of the strongest Nehekran Mage-Priests, sacrificed long ago to their dark deity.

Ansiriel made one last, feeble attempt to run before Caur’s gauntleted hands grabbed him around the throat and held him in mid-air, half-throttled and defeated. How ironic, that Ansiriel, High Archmage of the Order of the Dragon should be brought down by his worst pupil.

Well, all was not yet lost, he had one final card in his hand, the amulet of Tyristor, and it may succeed where he had failed. Caur smiled coldly as he said “I shall enjoy your resurrection as one of my undead servants even more than your death, teacher”. Ansiriel managed a weak smile and choked out three words “Activium Tyristor Manac”, Caur’s eyes widened and the world turned inside out.

After the power had faded Caur lay unconscious on the ground, all his powers lost, burned out of him in an instant to protect him from the unimaginable force Ansiriel had unleashed. Where Ansiriel had once stood there was but a floating purple orb. A marker to the point where his soul had been sealed for all eternity or until the Arch-Daemon Tyristor had been killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.