• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Models for my Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I've been searching around for Warcraft 3 versions of certain models everywhere and I haven't been able to find them. So, I decided to post a request here.

Here's what I'm looking for:

1.) Deathwing

2.) The Stair of Destiny (Outland Dark Portal)

3.) Icecrown Citadel

4.) The Wrathgate

5.) The Lich King (Preferably similar to rockin' Arthas but using the WC3 Frostmourne instead of a guitar.)

6.) Stormwind Keep (Warcraft 1 version)

7.) Warcraft 1 orc buildings (or some Mag'har buildings like the ones in Outland, they're pretty much the same anyway)

8.) I'd also like to see someone do the WoW version of the necropolis in WC3 form (Naxxramas and the Scourge Invasion ones).

I'm sorry if this is a lot to ask for, but I would really like these models for my machinima projects I'm working on using the Warcraft 3 editor. I lack the skills necessary to make the models myself, so any help would be greatly appreciated and I promise to give you guys credit where credit is due. :)

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Level 7
But those Arthas models are based off of the WoW Arthas and use the WoW Frostmourne as a basis. I'm looking for something in the Warcraft 3 style. I know about Deathwing being in progress, too.

But I'm not a modeler, hence why I am asking for models in the first place. I simply use custom models in my maps and right now there are models I want but apparently have not been made yet. That's why I wanted to bring these ideas out into the public; I can't make them myself, so I want to know if anyone else will.

Level 15
1) there are textures for blizz easter egg buildings that turn them into mag'har buildings
2) there's a castle similar to SW keep of the first war on the evil and forbidden russian site
3) Stairs of Destiny can be done with doodads I guess

But I'm not a modeler, hence why I am asking for models in the first place. I simply use custom models in my maps and right now there are models I want but apparently have not been made yet. That's why I wanted to bring these ideas out into the public; I can't make them myself, so I want to know if anyone else will.

no one told you to model them, what we said was to create them via separate doodads...

that's how terrainers do most buildings, mixing separate doodads on the WE rather than looking for a model that's already complete...

what's bad with using the awesome Lich King model lurking on the models section?

Level 7
What do you mean by combining doodads? Like, loading them into an editor and actually assembling them? If so, then I can't do that either because I'm running War3 on a Mac and I don't have money for a good PC, or any professional modeling software.

Trillium, if you could tell me where to find those "easter egg textures" and that "evil forbidden Russian site" -- or at least tell me why the site is evil and forbidden -- I'll go and test those for myself.

Level 15
it is evil and forbidden because back in its early days it had rips from WoW and still has them in their database. that equals anathema on hive =)))

anyway:
Egg Buildings one and two
Textures for them: one and two

Combining doodads means combining them in regular world editor. placing them near one another so all together they look like some more complex structure. just in case you don't know - holding SHIFT while placing a doodad allows to ignore its pathing map (e.g. place doodads one on another) and CTRL+PgUp or PgDown allows to adjust doodad's height.

Status
Not open for further replies.