1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Models] - Demonic Tech Tree

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Phire126, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Phire126

Phire126

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What I need is for my map which is nearly finished and is similar to Village Builder is a Demonic Building Tech Tree. I currently have 6 playable races: High Elves, Humans, Night Elves, Undead, Orcs, and Naga/Sea-Creatures. I really want a Demon/Burning Legion race because I have seen spectacular models for heroes and units on websites such as wc3campaigns, The Hive, etc. The problem is that there is no buildings to match. I found 1 or two that look very nice but without a full, or near full Tech Tree, the race won't work. I know that making this (if anybody can) will take insane amounts of time which is why I'm in no hurry to have the models but I also think this request could help several people, not just me. The models I myself need are the following (making any, all or some of them will mean the world to me):

1. Starting Building with 2 upgrades (doesn't have to be extremely fancy or specific, anything that looks somewhat demonic will work and I don't mind it looking something like a previous race if that's easier).
    2. House-looking building (again, doesn't have to be at all fancy or complex and difficult to do, can look similar to a ziggurat or an Orc burrow).
    3. Barracks of some sort (This model can be anything that looks like it produces units and follows a demonic theme, I know people prefer to be specific but I think it's easier to make it up yourself and if you run into trouble you can fix as you go along without "damaging" the idea if you know what I mean).
    4. A second unit production building, can be very similar to the barracks although it can have a caster, stable, anything type look :)
    5. A dragon roost but that has lava or death on it :D
    6. some kind of tower, can be based off any tower ya like or made entirely by you.
    7 A blacksmith or forge which has a lumber mill infused into it and looks demonic! :D

I know this is a GIANT!!!!!!! request and I probably shouldn't ask for so many but I think it's easier to just post one thread with 7 individual requests and hope 1 gets done than post 7 different ones at different times... =\
    I have no deadline or anything of the sort. I'm not picky at all, do what you can, I've yet to see a demon building, or any model on the site for that matter, that looks "ugly". And also, if you can do 1 of these that helps a great!! deal, if you can do none, thank you so much for at least showing interest and reading ^.^ if you can do all, god bless you and have my babies, lol :p If you want any clarification, prefer a more specific description or anything else, just reply and ill do my very best to answer it. THANK you infinitely for reading my request and even more so if you wish to help. :)

BloodGod_Phire

2. sirevil

sirevil

Resources:
    Resources:
    this happens to be of interest to me. I would like to see this to, and may I add to with an idea?
    have like a build animation like that of undead but more demonic feel

3. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You have two options:
    1. Get some models from TTOR (Chaos)
    2. Ask General Frank, he probably have some demonic buildings

Yeah, that sucks ppl make so many unit models, buildings are very rare to find :/

4. Phire126

Phire126

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What is TTOR? :\

5. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The tales of Ravignon

6. Phire126

Phire126

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's not letting me patch it.. :\ TTOR I mean, and if i can get it to work will it replace the current races completely?

7. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just extract some models from ttor mpq. And you can still play normal warcraft while ttor installed.

8. Phire126

Phire126

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    it's not letting me patch it in..

9. Phire126

Phire126

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    can u give me a download link where it works please. I'm having trouble. Thanks so much. :)

10. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  11. Phire126

Phire126

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thank you so much. I loved the chaos buildings, how can i export them and is it allowed? :)

12. Lord_T

Lord_T

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    You should be able to extract them by just opening the .mpq file with Magos' model editor and saving the desired model to your drive. If it is allowed, i cannot don't know.

If you don't find anything you need, I'd be happy to make a model or two for you. However, I'm not exactly the best modeler around. Good luck! ^.^

13. Phire126

Phire126

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's so kind of you, I'm actually in need of, not exactly a model but if you could make 2 animations for me, id greatly appreciate it. Look over here.

14. Chaos Overlord

Chaos Overlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    Use the skull of Gul'dan for a fire tower. It works nice for that job. Ill look around for more demon buildings too, but I am not gonna inflate you with promises of anything.

15. sirevil

sirevil

Resources:
    Resources:
    I must be the pickiest person ever...

alright I admit the TTOR model look good and think the birth animations are great. but some other animations are kind of odd to me, and a model or two doesn't look fitting

16. Phire126

Phire126

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sirevil, do you know how to add the birth animation to the ttor buildings?

17. sirevil

sirevil

Resources:
    Resources:
    aren't they alreadly a part of the model? did I not notice something?

18. Phire126

Phire126

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    when you export, say the barracks, it doesn't have any birth animation. When you look further down the ttor mpq list, there is a model called "ChaoBirth" and it's only animation is the birth for the chaos building...