• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

model with missing head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi, i have a problem with this model is shaman model with grunt head, but in my map only shows up with body without head, i tried optimization, optimizer but nothing work, can somebody deal with this problem ? thx + rep

Attachments

• ss.png
    ss.png
    589.6 KB · Views: 40
Level 50
You've attached the head to a helper, not to a bone. That's why the head is invisible in game.

Open original shaman model in Mdlvis, go to Modules>Sequence editor>Bones. Now select the head of the shaman model and in the right corner you'll see list of bones on which the vertices are attached to. Now when you see what that bone is, select grunt head and attach it on that bone, instead of a helper. I think you need to attach it to a bone named "Head".

Level 17
I followed that guide, attached head to bone head, but nothing, next attached to bone_head but nothing, then both but still head in game is missing.

Attachments

• Ataced bones.png
    Ataced bones.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 42
Level 21
I followed that guide, attached head to bone head, but nothing, next attached to bone_head but nothing, then both but still head in game is missing.
I can see on your screenshot that there is an empty space on the list of bones, above Bone_Head; you can click there to select it. This is bug with Mdlvis that caused the vertices of the head to be attached to a non-existent unnamed node. Reattaching the head geoset to the Head bone (not Bone_Head) should fix it.

Last edited:
Level 17
I can see on your screenshot that there is an empty space on the list of bones, above Bone_Head; you can click there to select it. This is bug with Mdlvis that caused the vertices of the head to be attached to a non-existent unnamed node. Reattaching the head geoset to the Head bone (not Bone_Head) should fix it.
thx for info i'll look at it later

Status
Not open for further replies.