• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
First of all, sorry that I am jumping like this. I've been the fan of the website for many years but since my editing skills are no where near yours guys, I didn't register to involve in constructive discussions in the forums. But now I am forced to because I really need help with something that would take crazy amount of time for me to learn and a couple a minutes for experienced editor with good heart and will to help.

Lately I've been improving Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos maps for the purpose of better gaming on new private server called W3Arena. Balancing units, improving terrain, fixing item distribution and everything that doesn't require much editing skills but game knowledge.

Since it is a private server and the maps that I am editing will be completely different from those that you can play on battle.net and other community tournaments, the guys who are running the server and myself wish to put few website banners on each map to attract more players on the server in case the maps get hosted on battle.net server or tournaments.

Problem is, I can't make that doodad model. I tried and downloaded all needed programs but I suppose stuff like that can't be done in a day. Even harder is that the maps are for Reign of Chaos and not the expansion.

Below is the image that should be converted to doodad which would be placed on some open areas of the maps I've edited. Please, if it doesn't take much of your time and if it feels good to help other people, do it for me.

w3arena.jpg

Thanks for reading this.

Level 2
For the topic, I dont see any doodad pictures.

How you missed to see the picture that I added in the first post? Here it is, again.

w3arena.jpg

From this picture someone would create a model which I would then import in my roc maps. But I wrote all of that in the opening post.

Damn, 5 replies so far, none about the topic :(

Level 2
Of so you want that logo? Alright. The functionality have not been tested, but I dont think it would crash.

Import the texture to "w3arena.blp" .

Thanks for your effort. You are more than kind.

However, when I imported the model and saved the map it required TFT. This doesn't work for me because I need it for ROC maps. Nevermind that, I loaded it in TFT and my screen went crazy showing colored dots all over the place. It looked like an error and it continued when the map was finally loaded.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I use this model so it doesn't require TFT to be loaded?

Thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.