• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model] Request: Roots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Good whatever-the-hell-it-is-when-you-see-this-thread.
- Fellow member and/or moderator/administrator.

I want to make a request, not for anything in particulare, other than the well-being and further development of the Terrain Art Community of the Hive. I won't deny that I am currently in need of such a model request for my latest terrain work though.

Anyways, the request is, well, the request in itself is simple, to pull it of I won't claim to even hardly know how simple that is, as I have no idea what-so-ever how to model. Now, the basic idea is just to have root models, the more the merrier, of course, but I will be happy for any number of model's made, even only one. Roots, like the kind that stick out of the ground, and possibly with some creativity too, like making a arched one comming up and then going down into the earth again, to make use of it like, say, an arch-way or something like that.

Naturally, I would love them to have quality textures and many details, see I don't even remotely care for file-size, this is for terrain art, not playable terrains, hence they only need to look good, no matter the size, though, if you want to do this request without the experience of making very highly detailed textures and detailed models, I'd be happy for that too.

Kind regards, Keiji.

P.S: If it means something to you, rep will be given out to anyone that feel like helping.

Some examples of root pictures:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3433/3851898391_f092499361_o.jpg

http://awesomeworldtravels.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/tree.jpg

Level 36
Well, those are not of very good quality, and even so, as stated I am not making this request for something I really need right now, I am making it more so to give both myself and the rest of the terrainers good root models, which would imensely improve many future terrains.

Level 13
Well I do know there are some roots in Gaia Retaliation map and here are the MDX files sadly I do not know where the textures one since it's in a non English language.

Here are the files and here is the map file so you can look through imports for it.

Attachments

• Wurzel2.mdx
    12.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Wurzel.mdx
    9.2 KB · Views: 72
  • GR unprot.w3x
    9 MB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.