• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Packs for Resource Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Good idea, especially with the recent modeling contest, would be much more practical than uploading umpteen numbers of small attachments or doodads.

Level 18
On the pack idea which i talked about on chat a few times im not liking how i cannot upload a packs of icons or models.
I'm certain you could write a script to check the files in a zip.
or atleast allow for multiple files to be uploaded at once, although uploading a zip file would upteen times better.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Trying to use umpteen too? Copycat : P

Level 35
About model packs

I was wondering, I am currently making a model pack with around 27-28 models, which all are connected somehow, the problem is just should I realy post alll 27-28 models in separete uploads? If there is no way around this maybe Hive should have a funtion so that model packs would be allowed/posible (of course only with selfcreated models.)
Mostly a thought, if there comes no solution, am I just going to post them.

Level 15
Tarball would be very easy to implement, as would gzip. I don't know how useful it would be however since Windows doesn't (natively) support gzip/tar for file archives.

As for 7-zip's format: it's efficient, but not very widely used and not easy integrated with the site.

Level 15
It makes the file bigger because once the file is compressed once by 7z, it cannot reasonably be reduced anymore. Compressing it again with Zip doesn't result in any savings, and the 7z file header and table take up extra space in addition, so the resulting .zip would be larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.