• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
You say the model didn't show up... Did a cube show up instead?
Well, I've just do what the tutorial says, and it worked fine. So you must have done something wrong.

- Check that all the textures are imported with the correct path.
- Remember that in order to actually see the model after importing it, you have to save your map, close the editor, and then reopen it.
- Try downloading again the model. Maybe your download got messed up for some reason.

I don't know what else can your problem be.

Regards

There is really a problem with the texture in the model itself. It has Texture\<texture name>.blp of which this texture is not in-game and is a custom texture. In this case, the path should inside the model for the said texture should only be <texture name>.blp. The texturing process here uses the path which you will import into the World editor (path of the texture which should only be <texture name>.blp and not Textures\<texture name>.blp. The model will look for the texture in the War3 path Textures\<texture name>.blp. As I was saying, if the texture is a custom texture, the path should only be <texture name>.blp. I can modify the model but we have to ask permission from the original author to do so.

EDIT
As for the importing issue, you should delete the War3mapImported part.

Level 2
Ill try that ebuz, but to NarGalloth well the problem is that it wont show up in warcraft 3 the game not the editor. And i have checked that all the textures are there, they are, and i've saved, closed then reopened the editor, and i have tried re downloading. Also i tried another model before the champion model, it didnt work either......but then i tried a 3rd model and it worked.

By the way ebuz, i have found that all of my imports work WITH the war3mapimported. The models tend to have something fail (especially when there are more than 5 imports) with it.

-Dr.Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.