• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Model]Forgotten Realms - Troll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi there.
I'm working on SPRPG map called Sea of Chaos. I like world of Forgotten Realms so I'm creating map in this world.
I have many models of creatures and enemies but still I need this one:
A troll model from FR world(U could see him in Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale).
Here is a screen of this ugly thing :)

concept_790screen013.jpg

So, if you are interested, look at my short video from my map here:
Video:
I will gracefuly if someone will make this model for my map, I really need it.
Thanks.

Level 31
Oooh, nice map. I got a half built troll model similar to that on my computer some where. It's based off the Tauren Chieftain model though, and more similar to Drakar och Demoner trolls though, (as ilustrated by the awesome Perkan. Pic found here.).

I do remember there being a skin for the Druid of the Claw, that turned him into a green troll beast.

EDIT: Would also suggest replacing some of those WoW models with ones made for War 3. They kinda stick out a bit. I know Kim made a horse pack a while back, and some of the other critters and beasties can be found in the model section here and on wc3.

Level 8
Can I see your troll model? Troll illustrated by Perkan is not similar to what I looking for.
On hive I found this troll skin - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-170236/?prev=search=troll&r=20&d=list&page=2 - but is not good because is too fat and too small(must be higher).
and I found this model - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-lord_t-106972/?prev=c=12&r=20&d=list&page=16 - but this model needs to be edited too much so is not good too.
I've searched on hive, wc3c, xgm, but I found nothing. I don't care it will be from wow textures or wc3, just need model similar to image what I posted.
Thanks.

Level 8
Nice models, but as I said, too fat and small :(
Few years ago, TDR created a troll model for me, but without animations and it looks unfinished. Anyways, I lost that model :( - here is a screen - http://www.wc3c.net/showpost.php?p=759155& postcount=7
I think TDR is not active now on wc3c, so this model is lost.
And here is my topic on wc3c - http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=78250&highlight=troll+naiden (old)

Level 31
Was gonna say, if you had that, I could possibly rig it and steal some animations off an ingame model for it. Maybe on the Finnish troll model though, can be thinned out a bit, and made the right shape. Size doesn't matter to much, as you can boost that up in the editor.

Level 18
Preview - Forgotten Realm Troll

Here is a preview of the Forgotten Realm Troll you requested.
What you see here in the attachment is the troll without the scalp hair.
The skin in use is still slightly messy and incomplete, but I'm touching up on it.
The model still doesn't have any animation... yet...

If there's any changes you wanted, please let me know...

Attachments

• FRTroll_Preview.png
    FRTroll_Preview.png
    194 KB · Views: 350
Level 18
WIP 2 - Final Stage...

Here is the second preview of the Forgotten Realm Troll you requested...
The troll's body is complete, the skin however is nearly complete...
The model is currently undergoing animation editing by combining 'Forest Troll' and 'Druid of the Claw' animation...

Current Available animation;
1) Walk (Similar to Forest Troll)
2) Stand - 1 (Similar to Forest Troll)
3) Stand - 2 (Similar to Forest Troll)
4) Attack - 1 (Attack with Right Claws)
5) Attack - 2 (Attack with Left Claws)

More animations to be added soon...

The only thing I'm having problem is the color of the troll's scalp hair...
Currently I'm using greyish color (because I couldn't decide what color will match the skin)...

Attachments

• FRTroll_WIP.png
    FRTroll_WIP.png
    190 KB · Views: 1,125
Level 18
Forgotten Realm Model Complete!

The troll's body is complete! I've darken the hair a little bit... The death sound is that of 'Forest Troll'...

Current Available animation;
1) Walk (Similar to Forest Troll)
2) Stand - 1 (Similar to Forest Troll)
3) Stand - 2 (Similar to Forest Troll)
4) Attack - 1 (Attack with Right Claws)
5) Attack - 2 (Attack with Left Claws)
6) Stand Channel (Animation mimicking Ghoul 'Cannibalism' animation)
7) Portrait - 1 (Simple display of the models face as portrait)
8) Portrait - 2 (Another simple display of the models face as portrait)
9) Death (Nearly similar to Forest Troll)
10) Decay Flesh (Similar to Forest Troll)
11) Decay Bone (Similar to all models)

If there's any change you want me to edit, let me know...

Attachments

• FRTroll.mdx
    52.2 KB · Views: 112
  • FRTroll.blp
    67 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.