• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Effect isn't Looping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm using a bladestorm model from a user submission off this site: http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=240&sid=7379d46eb39f8ddf1a9e8ac46d0dd77b

Imported fine, and in the preview window it shows it looping, but when I apply it to the bladestorm ability (Art: Caster) for my custom map it doesn't loop in game. It just animates 1 cycle and stops, whereas every other model I've tried as a substitution has looped for the spell duration.

I don't think it's the model, because it seems to be set up for looping. What could be causing it not to loop in game?

Level 22
I duno what causes it, but I do know how to set it to work. Just look what the time is for the animation and make a trigger.

Events: Every 'animations time' seconds of the game
Conditions: ------
Actions: Pick every unit in units of type: bladestorm dummy and do: animation - play its attack walk spin animation

Level 3
Thanks, I was hoping I wouldn't have to use a trigger though. :(

Was hoping it was some kind of setting or something causing the model not to be recognized like a buff/effect model.

Status
Not open for further replies.