• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Mines Triggering Spells?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm stuck on a map I'm currently working on, my first map ever infact, I got regular mines to blow up correctly, the simple part, but then I tried adding buffs and spells and the like to make them slow/frost nova/poison or anything with that category. The mines fail to activate such reduction that I want, only doing the damage.

Secondly, with multiple mine skills, all mines placed always follow an order, disregarding the Hotkey placed, until the cooldown on the skill is in place.
ex. all mines have 10s cd.
mine B is ordered to place, mine A places instead, mine A in cooldown.
mine B is ordered to place, mine B places, mine B in cooldown.
mine D is ordered to place, mine C places, mine C in cooldown.
mine D is ordered to place, mine A places, out of cooldown.
Problem makes mine D unsettable.

If you would like, I could send my map and see whats wrong with it, keeping in mind this is my first map ever.
Thanks in advance.

Level 12
I'm stuck on a map I'm currently working on, my first map ever infact, I got regular mines to blow up correctly, the simple part, but then I tried adding buffs and spells and the like to make them slow/frost nova/poison or anything with that category. The mines fail to activate such reduction that I want, only doing the damage.

Secondly, with multiple mine skills, all mines placed always follow an order, disregarding the Hotkey placed, until the cooldown on the skill is in place.
ex. all mines have 10s cd.
mine B is ordered to place, mine A places instead, mine A in cooldown.
mine B is ordered to place, mine B places, mine B in cooldown.
mine D is ordered to place, mine C places, mine C in cooldown.
mine D is ordered to place, mine A places, out of cooldown.
Problem makes mine D unsettable.

If you would like, I could send my map and see whats wrong with it, keeping in mind this is my first map ever.
Thanks in advance.

Are you using all base mine abilities, or triggering them?

Level 4
I think he's trying to make a unit with custom abilties based off mines, only there is frost mines that slow, fire mines that blow up, posion mines that..posion..lol, ect.

I'm not sure how to fix this though, sorry.

Level 2
what raziel said. frost mines that freeze on death, fire mines that reduce armor, poison mines that... poison lol

Status
Not open for further replies.