• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map testing requested!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Hi there!
Sound of War is a map where two teams is fighting against each other with summoners that can summon warriors to kill each other. The goal is to kill the enemys "Crystal of Power" and once when that is done the team with the surviving crystal wins.
I would like someone to test this for me and look for bugs and other errors and suggestions. Testers will be written in the credits.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Sound of War Beta Protected.w3m
    734.3 KB · Views: 52
Level 28
Rufus the ai was not working, I can't test the map if the ai won't work

I'll be waiting for the update for the ai before I can give a review about the gameplay, but for now let's talk about your terrain

The terrain was flat, empty and simple

Suggestion:

This will make your terrain more appealing without bumping the gameplay(the gameplay that is on my mind is a more of a send a troops to kill your enemy then defend yourself from their troops)

*You should add more of environment doodad such as grass, shrubs,rocks, cattail etc. If you think that suggestion won't blend with your terrain with brick walls, arcs, magic runes then my answer is:

It will fit your terrain because you use grass tile set and grass, shrubs, rocks and cattail fit with it perfectly with any given situation.

*Use some props bro, birds, bats or any kind of props will do as long as it fit your terrain. You might think that birds and bats won't do anything in your map, but for me its makes the environment more alive with birds or bats flying around the map.

More review in terrain when I can test the map with ai or maybe with some friends of mine, but i suggest to update the ai

And about giving a unprotected map for test.

1.)Unprotected map will give me freedom to look on your triggers and say what leaks or if the trigger will cause some bugs or lags.

2.)It gives me freedom to take a look on your terrain and play with it for a while to make it more suitable for the map then tell those suggestions on how to improve the terrain to you.

Well I don't force you to give me a unprotected map but if you give me it will make the job more easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.