• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys im having alot of trouble with my map, im making a big big map that has alot of stuff in it and i have already worked a little bit on cinematics and stuff but i would like to try to make a menu screen like some thing i can click and it will bring up options such as in Dark Lineage or Genuis of a Empire, sryu for my typing it is very late and im tired so forgive me for not typing well i would just like to know how to get this menu thing starteed becuas i can not do it because the i don;t know how the maps are protected and i don;t know how to unprotect them , Yea so if you could help me that would be awsome

Level 3
Thanks but more problems

I think ive got most of the dialog part done but before i can get to that problem ive realized i ran into a serious problem with cinematics and repeative movements and quests. I just figured out my problem for my cinematic to work, however i still have a problem with the quest coming out 3 times

Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Discovered message: Go to the City Pran...

Quest - Create a Required quest titled Race to Prangle with the description Go to the city of P..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNRallyPoint.blp

now for some reason that is repeating itself 3 times even though i have a turn trigger off thing

last thing to bug u guys about, if there any good site for finding out how to work a custom title screen in because i use thehelper.net thing and it didn't really help me, i have all the nessary files for it and a picture but i can't find a way to switch from the photo to the extractor. well thanks for ur time goodnight!

Level 7
Re: Thanks but more problems

whoajamin said:
I think ive got most of the dialog part done but before i can get to that problem ive realized i ran into a serious problem with cinematics and repeative movements and quests. I just figured out my problem for my cinematic to work, however i still have a problem with the quest coming out 3 times

Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Discovered message: Go to the City Pran...

Quest - Create a Required quest titled Race to Prangle with the description Go to the city of P..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNRallyPoint.blp

now for some reason that is repeating itself 3 times even though i have a turn trigger off thing

last thing to bug u guys about, if there any good site for finding out how to work a custom title screen in because i use thehelper.net thing and it didn't really help me, i have all the nessary files for it and a picture but i can't find a way to switch from the photo to the extractor. well thanks for ur time goodnight!

well without specifics all i can say is look carefully at events and conditions to see why your trigger is being ran 3 times

Level 8
As far as a custom loading screen is concerned, open up the "Obelisk" or "Monolith" map, or whatever it's called, that's included in TFT. It uses a custom loading screen, and explains how to do it.

If you have a more specific problem than how to set it up, maybe you can explain what you tried to do and what about it didn't work.

Level 3
Hey guys its me again yet ive come to the same problem as before with the dialogs i have every thing really in place but the only problem is that i can't get the variables right i do not know what to do with them, my curent dialog system looks like this

Events-
Unit - A unit enters Eq1 <gen>

Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -talk as An exact match

Actions-
Dialog - Create a dialog button for (Clicked dialog) labelled Talk

Dialog - Create a dialog button for (Clicked dialog) labelled Ask for quest

Dialog - Show (Clicked dialog) for Player 1 (Red)

i know there is some serious problem here and that i have much more to do with it but iam not sure how. Please help me

Level 8
Uh, what "clicked dialog" are you referring to? The event fires off of a chat message, there's no button clicking going on whatsoever.

What you need to do is make a dialog variable, add the button to the dialog that you made, and show *that* dialog.

Level 10
This is wat u need to do
1. Make a trigger
Event- Unit eneters region
Player 1 Red types message -talk as exact
Actions-
Change title of (make variable of type *dialougue*)
Create button for(the variable u just made) named (name)
Set (make a new variable of type *dialogue button* with array of # of buttons you want)= last created dialogue button
2.Make another trigger
Event- Dialogue button is clicked for ( *dialougue* made in last trig)
Action-If, Then, Else, Multiple Functions
If- Clicked Button equal to ( variable used for buttons with array of # of button it is)
Then- Make action you want done when trigger is clicked
Else- do Nothing
3.To make other buttons just copy and paste the last action and changfe wat needs to be changed :)
4. Massage my wrists.

Status
Not open for further replies.