• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MAP Editor Question Square terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Is there anyway to, make perfect squares on brush terrain, Like in scmdraft for Starcraft: Brood Wars. Is there any way to do this for the Starcraft 2 Editor.

If you don't know what i mean by my question.
watch this video the water is perfectly square.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ba8B0Oaqw

Level 22
Firstly there are 3 shapes of brush, one is square. If you mean not gradual brushing but one that makes a grass absolutely sharp, not transparent, then select Uniform in the brush and make alpha 255. That would make you do perfect squares of the tile you want.

Level 1
I want to make small paths that are sharp Lets say that only a small unit can get threw. everytime i use the cliff brush or the raise land brush, it makes more of a circleishsquare, even if i have the square selected, its not the effect I'm looking for. I want to make small sharp squares only small units can get threw.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Try thats cause this game is 3D? The smallest terrain elements are vertecies which mean that the terrain is actually composed of triangles (not squares).

You are afte using the pathing layer to paint unpathable terrain so that only a tiny gap is pathable. Terrain does not directly influence pathing, it only does so passivly. Despite WC3 using the same system, SC2 unlike WC3 actually lets you alter the pathingmap dirrectly via the appropiate layer.

Level 5
Just like WC3, its probably best to avoid the built-in cliffs entirely.

You can make more realistic cliffs with the mesh tools, and you can make them a lot more geometric. Then you can use the pathing layer to make your fake cliffs be unpathable.

and yeah as said above, its way easier in SC2 because in WC3 you had to spam little pathing blocker doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.