• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making "round" in my map...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I bet alot of u out there have played Uther Party...
Uther Part is based on 8 mini games, lets call this layout "rounds". Now, im not trying to make a map like Uther Party, but i need help making 1 round.

My map is a "hero maze", a simple simple map, where the goal is just to have some fun, so it's not a big project at all.

8 players total, starting with one hero each in a labyrinth. You just run around in the labyrinth and slay ur opponents ( much like ninja vs samurai, where ur hero have 1 hp, though my heroes die in 2-3 blows ). Items do also spawn in the labyrinth.

My round is the end of the game!
So when the sun goes up ( in game :) ), all heroes are moved to a startingpoint, and then it's just last man standing.

My problem is that my triggers are very bad, not organized at all ( first time i've done a thing like this). I need help with those trigger to make it smooth and hopefully unbugged.
And also i want several "last rounds", say modes. Such as "-Last man standin" -"Slayer" -"Kill the Boss"

Here's my trigger for the moment:

Begining of the end
Events
Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 6.00
Conditions
Actions
Set endtime = True
Trigger - Turn off Used Item spawns <gen>
Trigger - Turn off startitem looping <gen>
Trigger - Turn off super items <gen>
Trigger - Turn off Create skeletons <gen>
Trigger - Turn off Random Disaster <gen>
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Player 9 (Gray)) or (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to False))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
Item - Pick every item in (Entire map) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Item - Remove (Picked item)
Wait 11.00 seconds
Trigger - Turn off Hero death <gen>
Trigger - Turn on Hero death in end <gen>
Game - Display to (All players) for 20.00 seconds the text: (|cffFF0000Lingon:|r + Haha! And now for the ultimate finish! Survive the longest, kill the others!!!)
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Player((Integer A)))))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Remove All buffs from (Picked unit)
Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Center of startpoints[(Integer A)])
Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to 100.00%
Unit - Set mana of (Picked unit) to 100.00%
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Player 9 (Gray)) or (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to False))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
Wait 2.00 seconds
Trigger - Turn on Random Disaster in end <gen>

----
You may wonder why i have "wait 11 seconds"; thats because some heroes might be dead when this trigger is triggered, and the revival time in another trigger is 10 seconds.
And as you see i replace the ordinary triggers with new ones...

You have any tips at all, cause to me, this is very hard...

Maybe is hould be more concrete... here's 2 major questions you can answer if you like:
How should i stop the current game (heroes in map)
How can i revive all dead heroes at the same time

And, as i said, i would love some help with the organization :roll:

Level 24
well it looks like it would work i guess...
not being organized is fine as long as it works

about reviving dead heroes, set each hero to a separate variable then just have a trigger that revives them all at wherever location and/or moves all the heroes to another location.

Level 6
im sooo stupid. its simple, you dont have to set all heros to variables... :

For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Player((Integer A))) matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is dead) Equal to True))) and do (Hero - Instantly revive (Picked unit) at (Center of startpoints[(Integer A)]), Hide revival graphics)

well... i'll work on it, i can probably fix this. thanks anyway! and ye, as long as it works :D

Status
Not open for further replies.