• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

making difficulty for td help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have the same question, for having a difficulty for my td. Except insted of hp % I want speed % to increase. As i have a round (3 to be precise) which have regeneration on them I cant make it unit hp %. The problem is, however, how to create the dialogue buttons which you see in every single battleships and maul game and how to set those for the handicaps. I tried making dialogue button but screwed up. By the way, speeds are:

Very easy: -20%
Easy: -10%
Norm: No difference
Hard: +10%
Very Hard: +20%

Level 16
I'm pretty sure there's a form of an upgrade to increase speed for a unit. As for the dialogue buttons, I suggest variables for the dialogues, and from the button selected, raise the upgrade amounts. However, this will mean that you will have to start off the units slower than what you intend.

Level 7
well i made 5 units, each with a difficulty 'aura', that get spawned at a certain spot when you click/pick acertain button. Also i cannot make it an 'upgrade' because i have 10 players and 2 enemy spawn teams. It is a solo td also, so it wouldnt work.

Level 3
ive done this but it dn't work:
create units easy part 2
Events
Unit - A unit enters unit life <gen>
Conditions
(Owner of MonsterType[level]) Equal to Player 9 (Gray)
(Clicked dialog button) Equal to Easybutton
Actions
Set UnitLife_easy = (Percentage life of MonsterType[level])
Unit - Set life of (Entering unit) to 50.00%
Unit - Set life of MonsterType[level] to 50.00%
(nothing works now) can someone plz help

Level 4
Well...
Your conditions won't work at all o_O
You are checking to see what dialog button has been pressed, when the event has nothing to do with dialog buttons.

Heres how I would do what I think your trying to do:
At the start have your dialogs (Remember you can't show dialogs on 'Map Int'), lets say the player selects 'Easy'. So you have a trigger that like this:
Event
A dialog button is pressed
Condition
Pressed button = Easy
Action
Set "Difficulty" to 1 (1 = Easy 2 = Normal 3 = Hard)

Now with your region:
Event
Unit enters unit life
Condition
Owner of 'Entering Unit' = Player 9
Action
Unit - Set life of (Entering unit) to 50.00%

I'm at school at the moment, so I hope this works xD

Well then, Good Luck and I hope you get this working.

- Azalgath

Status
Not open for further replies.