• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Makes Creep gains level over time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got creeps spawning randomly on a map, I want them to get stronger the longer they stay alive, and want them to grant more xp the stronger they are, I checked if I could do that with the set scale,damage,hp,name native.

I haven't checked/decided on how I will handle xp, but I thought about updating the creep level alongside it's stat, seeing that the setLevel native is for hero, I wondered if it was even possible. I could make them hero I guess, but I kinda want to hide their stats (str,agi,int) display.

Thx by advance for answering

Level 7
*Creeps can be given upgrades, and triggers can be used to set them at whatever level you want them to be throughout the game -it can be based on what the player does, the overall game time or some other factor.

*My second suggestion would simply be to create many versions of the same unit:

Say a creep at level 5, a creep at level 6 and a creep at level 7,
Create a trigger that will replace the creep with its higher level variant
You can also give the higher level variants stronger abilities, more abilities, and other things besides just more hp.

Status
Not open for further replies.