• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lord's War v0.0.8

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A RTS & Management game with it's own ressources system.
Conquer and defend a hudge territory with a powerful economy and diplomacy.
Host may choose one mode between:
Classical, Fighting to Death, Teamed pairs, North & South, Regicide, Colonisation.

I found the painting for the loading screen on internet idk the artist thanx to him anyway :p.

Keywords:
Rts, Management, diplomacy, economy.
Contents

Lord's War v0.0.8 (Map)

Reviews
19:55, 8th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Rejected Lacking description: Template Contact Me
Level 2
Ok thx for the comments this is clearly the beginning of the map only 8 test version of it were made so I'm not surprised about the "lacking".

1)The Description is sure very little and not shiny at all, sorry about that I'm a little lazy I dont like spending time on such things :goblin_sleep:

2)Anyway, The only hero that may exist in this game is in regicide mode (the king), I want this game to stay really strategic and not focussed on the micro management of one hero thats maybe the reason. :goblin_jawdrop:

3)However I might add later a way to influence the chances to get a certain type of unit when purchasing in the townhall, not more units types for know. The thing is I was focussing on balance and gameplay so I wanted the game to be readable. :goblin_yeah:

4)It's true that terrain is a little fast made (I could add doodads or stuff to make it look nicer). But again the game needed to be readable and when you play it you may have noticed you need to build lots of defences to secure your lands.

5)For the quests/helps menu, thats maybe linked to the point 1), the thing is usually people wont read it and if they do they wont ever read the whole thing, so whatever I could add color codes and things to make it shiny, but anyway that wasn't really the core thing was it?
This game is quite hard to play but it's also true we dont expect people to be rocking the game when they play it for the first time. The fact is this is the same for any kind of strategic games, you dont expect guys to rock on Civ, Starcraft etc when they play it the first place.

Well thanks again for the tips, I might add a better description one day if I'm not so lazy other wise imagine It looks great that might work :vw_unimpressed:. If that day appear I'll maybe create a ranked bot and a site with a strategy guide and some stuff just to see how people plays the game and have a little challenge :ogre_haosis:.

Well Well I look forward to read more from you guys, feedback is always good when you do things like this.

Level 6
Ok thx for the comments this is clearly the beginning of the map only 8 test version of it were made so I'm not surprised about the "lacking".

1)The Description is sure very little and not shiny at all, sorry about that I'm a little lazy I dont like spending time on such things :goblin_sleep:

2)Anyway, The only hero that may exist in this game is in regicide mode (the king), I want this game to stay really strategic and not focussed on the micro management of one hero thats maybe the reason. :goblin_jawdrop:

3)However I might add later a way to influence the chances to get a certain type of unit when purchasing in the townhall, not more units types for know. The thing is I was focussing on balance and gameplay so I wanted the game to be readable. :goblin_yeah:

4)It's true that terrain is a little fast made (I could add doodads or stuff to make it look nicer). But again the game needed to be readable and when you play it you may have noticed you need to build lots of defences to secure your lands.

5)For the quests/helps menu, thats maybe linked to the point 1), the thing is usually people wont read it and if they do they wont ever read the whole thing, so whatever I could add color codes and things to make it shiny, but anyway that wasn't really the core thing was it?
This game is quite hard to play but it's also true we dont expect people to be rocking the game when they play it for the first time. The fact is this is the same for any kind of strategic games, you dont expect guys to rock on Civ, Starcraft etc when they play it the first place.

Well thanks again for the tips, I might add a better description one day if I'm not so lazy other wise imagine It looks great that might work :vw_unimpressed:. If that day appear I'll maybe create a ranked bot and a site with a strategy guide and some stuff just to see how people plays the game and have a little challenge :ogre_haosis:.

Well Well I look forward to read more from you guys, feedback is always good when you do things like this.

what you said was true... almost all of it... but u do need a better description to the quest menu, like informations, gameplay, help,tips, and other stuffs u feel important. to me, they are because it is where 1st timers usually will get an overall idea on how the map/game works. it took me a while to get it... but overall i say it is a decent map.

terrains and doodads are juz another ticket for u to enhance ur map, which will likely brings interest to many players, as a dull map never goes far even wif awesome gameplay. i suggest maybe u can spice things up a little, since u're keeping a balance map, a few more decorations wont hurt but allows better experience.

1 more thing... being lazy wont do much, if u're a dedicated map maker... take a look at my recent map... takes effort... and it comes out to be pretier than i thought... it juz needs a couple of hours... and thats it. :)

again.. good luck n have fun making maps. :)
here's a rep for u. :)