• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for open source AOS map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi! I recently finished High School, and I'm having trouble finding a job, so I've got a lot of free time, so i figured I'd try my hand at map making.

But I soon realized that I had absolutely no idea what i was doing (trigger wise), so I decided to try and find an AOS-style map to use as a template. Anyway, in order to avoid stepping on any toes I figured it'd be a good idea to ask if anyone has one that they dont mind me using. I dont really expect to have much succes with this, my first real map, it's mostly just for playing with my friends, but of course I'll put credits to whoever made the map in the description, if you want me to. :)

I'm so new to all of this, so if i'm using the wrong term for anything, or posting in the wrong forum or something like that, I apologize. :)

Anyway, any sort of tips or pointers are welcome as well. :)

Level 28
An AoS usually requires some good knowledge of what you're doing.

In order of difficulty (from easy to difficult), I'd say this is (in general) about correct:
  • TD
  • Arena
  • AoS
  • RPG
I know, those are only 4 types, but they're the most common ones and other types can be hard to put a difficulty on.

Melee maps, for example, look really easy to create, but if you've never really played wc3 competitively it will be hard to balance it.
Cinematics also have some difficulty to it, though they're generally easier than Arena's. Once you begin with some special effects, you will need a good amount of math knowledge to pull it off though, so for some the difficulty will be significantly higher.

TD's are very simple and straightforward. Most of the times, players wind up with a TD as their first completed map.

RPG's require everything you know. You need plenty of interesting heroes, a storyline (optional, but makes it interesting), advanced systems to keep the game running smoothly and good object editor knowledge for all units, abilities (can also be triggered) and items (these can also be triggered).

I've uploaded my (uncompleted) AoS here, you can do with it whatever it is you want. I have no intention of finishing it anyway (stopped working on it 2.5 years ago).
In fact, all my maps are open-source. Always. The quest-tab in this map even says why I made it so :p

Most systems are still kind-of up to par with the ones (GUI only) you see nowadays (a little bit outdated, obviously).

Attachments

• EverlastingPride.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.