• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

looking for map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hey guys!
I'm looking for a map of which I've seen a youtube video about 2 years ago. I thought I had saved the video, but can't seem to find it for the life of me!

I never played that map, but what I remember from the video:
- you play a single hero (the camera was fixed on the hero)
- definitely standing out: when the player used a spell, it would charge up (like casting time), but with a strong visual component: while charging up the camera would move away from the hero (like a backswing), when released the camera would strike forward, giving a sense of a powerful impact
- no over-the-top spells; regular wc3 hero spells (ie fork-lightning)
- at least one hero is Malfurion (model) (not sure if more than 1 hero to choose)
- one spell i remember was fork-lightning (with that backswing effect)
- looked like a regular wc3 leveling/item system
- iirc: has an original story (no wc3 lore involved)
- normal assets, no custom graphics
- aesthetics were dark (felwood like & at night)
- level design was solid, nothing ultra fancy, but detailed (classic wc3-esque)

about the video itself:
- there was no commentary, no extra music, just gameplay footage
- probably a (gameplay) trailer?
- maybe about 5 minutes long
- looked like a solo campaign
- the map/level was dark (felwood like), and there was a bossfight at a graveyard (gravestones ofc, corruption on the ground, black fences around it, maybe a small throne) ( had a diablo 2 vipe to it )
- might have been 16:9 format
- at least 2 years old

if you have any clues, please let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.