• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Loading Screen help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys can someone make this pic into a loading screen for me? Please I would really appreciate it. PC is a piece of trash and refuses to open anything I try to open :( Thank youu

Attachments

• HvsA load screen.jpg
    HvsA load screen.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 34

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I recommend using GIMP to manipulate the image into appropriate dimensions. The loading screen will be displayed in a 4:3 ratio so layout accordingly.

There used to be a requirement that the loading screen image had dimensions which were a power of 2 which would mean using non-square pixels so that the image stretched to 4:3 correctly. However this no longer seems to be the case due to advances in hardware so ideally you would want a loading screen image with dimensions 1440x1080 for optimum visual quality for most players. A compression quality of 80% should be sufficient, but if you are worried about file size feel free to drop it to 70% since all those pixels will make the image look sharper than most older loading screens anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.