• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

JASS script > Keyboard controlled hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, Can somebody here tell me if its possible to do a jass script or something that is triggered when a key is pressed (like you press "A" and instead of showing attack target cursor, a unit will move backwards with walking animation.

The whole point is to make units move with the W A S D keys and E Q for turning, or maybe the numpad ot something, and another custom key to attack, like X or something.

PS: i dont really know where to add scripts or how do they work (i think you put them in a trigger in text form but really dont know).

Level 6
Only way to do this is with abilities which is quite uneffective.

would be something like

- A unit begins casting an ability (or starts an effect)
if ability being cast = E then
make unit turn 10 degrees to the right

Status
Not open for further replies.